Miner, Ltd. is an industry leading service and equipment solutions provider with branch-based operations across the country. Miner drives down the cost of warehousing and materials management operations saving our customers revenue and time by understanding their business, finding efficiencies in their operation, providing faster systems repairs and delivering expertly executed scheduled maintenance. For more than 20 years, Miner has consistently delivered professional emergency maintenance service, equipment analysis and proactive preventative maintenance solutions to companies throughout North America. Miner solutions leave their customers more time to focus on their core business – not on the business of maintenance and materials management.
The Commercial Operations Supervisor will be responsible for managing quote development and proposal generation processes and performance for certain designated regions of the Commercial Operations group.
This position reports to the Director, Commercial Operations and works with sales and operations team members across geographic regions to investigate process improvement and efficiencies in the sales cycle, driving performance improvement through metrics and KPI reporting. You will also direct and lead a team of Proposal Coordinators; aligning team, and individuals' goals to drive sales results and employee development.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Manage a team of Proposal Coordinators that is performance-driven, energized, customer-focused, and concentrated on exceeding performance goals.
- Provide day-to-day direction and coaching of the quoting and proposal generation process with your designated Comm Ops team to ensure each employee achieves their quoting objectives.
- Develop, implement, and continuously improve multiple tools, processes, and systems to develop individuals, including performance management, coaching, and mentoring.
- Collaborate with Director, Commercial Operations regarding all aspects of employment decisions, including hiring, performance management, development, quality, and structural requirements for the Commercial Operations group.
- Assess quality activities relating to Commercial Operations group, including but not limited to sales interface, customer service, quoting, proposal generation, and customer feedback.
- Align with Director, Commercial Operations and geographically aligned Sales Directors to ensure any service and equipment quoting and proposal generation meets the expected turnaround time and quality.
- Other tasks assigned by supervisor.
Key Performance Measurements
- Sales Adoption of Commercial Operations Support
- Quote volume growth and closing ratio improvement.
- Quote and proposal turnaround time and accuracy.
- Healthy incremental Service gross profit revenue improvement to plan.
- Management observation regarding attitude, diligence, team contributions, and willingness & ability to learn new skills and information.
- Other key metrics prescribed by Miner Corp leadership, resulting in positive customer and Company impact.
- College Degree is required.
- Min 2 years of managing a team of associates in a customer service environment is required
- Previous experience managing a geographically distributed workforce is required.
- Min 7 years of successful customer service experience is required.
- Experience in sales cycle management in Salesforce CRM is preferred.
- Previous experience working with associates from diverse backgrounds is preferred.
- Experience with Business to Business Service or Sales highly preferred.
- Experience in Industrial/Mechanical Sales preferred.
- Must be able to motivate and mentor a commercial operations support team.
- Must have outstanding interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Must possess innovative leadership, communication, delivery, consultative, partnership, and team-building skills.
- Must have excellent recruiting and hiring skills.
- Successful leadership and associate development skills are required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) suite.
- Willing to travel to a given region as needed.
- Must have a valid state Driver's License.
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
*This job description is subject to change at any time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hand and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Occasionally, the employee is required to wear approved Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when on certain parts of the property.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work is performed in various locations, including warehouses, distribution centers, manufacturing plants, refineries, and hospital settings. Employees may work with others, side-by-side, with a moderate level of activity being performed. The noise level in the work environment is light to moderate.
Miner Ltd. considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website