Miner, Ltd. is an industry leading service and equipment solutions provider with branch-based operations across the country. Miner drives down the cost of warehousing and materials management operations saving our customers revenue and time by understanding their business, finding efficiencies in their operation, providing faster systems repairs and delivering expertly executed scheduled maintenance. For more than 20 years, Miner has consistently delivered professional emergency maintenance service, equipment analysis and proactive preventative maintenance solutions to companies throughout North America. Miner solutions leave their customers more time to focus on their core business – not on the business of maintenance and materials management.
The Proposal Coordinator role plays an integral part in supporting sales representatives by communicating with vendors, developing sales proposals, and coordinating with customers. This role enables the sales cycle to be more efficient by utilizing standard templates to create quotes and plans, applying online equipment quoting tools and in-house repositories. The position works hand-in-hand with the outside sales professional to ensure the efficient turnaround of opportunities and customer satisfaction.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Review job take-offs and scope with account executives and sales professionals to fully understand the requirements.
- Coordinate with procurement to gather pricing information.
- Calculate correct job costs and market-based pricing for solutions.
- Generate quotes from pricing out labor, materials, and equipment involved in complex construction and break-fix service jobs.
- Generate proposals and review with sales representatives before finalization and client receipt.
- Enter project data into Salesforce CRM and generation of relevant purchase orders and work orders coordinating with appropriate branch service coordinators or service managers.
- Assemble bid packages and bill of materials for small and large new construction projects.
- Identify sales opportunities by reviewing mechanical and architectural drawings.
- Maintain various excel spreadsheets and data information entry.
- Keep up to date with product information.
- Provide feedback to streamline the process and improve sales cycle efficiency.
- Deliver outstanding customer service.
- Attend company training programs and accompany other associates or managers during ride-alongs to learn job skills as needed.
- Other tasks assigned by supervisor.
Key Performance Measurements
- Management observation regarding attitude, diligence, team contributions, and willingness & ability to learn new skills and information.
- Other key metrics prescribed by Miner Corp leadership, resulting in positive customer and Company impact.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Critical thinking using logic and reasoning to find solutions to problems.
- Excel and Salesforce experience required.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Learning and adapting to changes.
- Strong attention to detail and focus on accuracy.
- Must maintain a patient and professional attitude while managing a busy workload.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Fundamental understanding of business processes, standard practices, tools, and financial systems.
- Experience in customer service required.
- Previous field service industry experience is highly preferred.
- Experience in quote development is highly preferred.
- Experience in Business to Business Service Sales is a plus.
- High School Diploma or GED is required. Further education is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication, as well as exemplary phone and email etiquette.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
*This job description is subject to change at any time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to wear approved Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), carry tools, use hands to maneuver, handle or feel, and hear and talk. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move tools and equipment up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Employees must maintain a high level of self-awareness about their surroundings due to the high level of high voltage AC/DC power in the work environment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The work is performed in various locations, including warehouses, distribution centers, manufacturing plants, refineries, and hospital settings. Employees may occasionally work with co-workers' side-by-side with a moderate level of activity being performed. Exposure to high voltage AC/DC power is very common in many work environments. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high.
Miner Ltd. considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website