Job Title BI Analyst & Developer Job ID 48294 Location DC Metro Area Full/Part Time Full-Time Favorite Job Regular/Temporary Regular OFFICE LOCATION
Arlington, Virginia, USA
A LITTLE ABOUT US
Founded in 1951, the Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world's toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. We are tackling climate change, conserving lands, waters and oceans at unprecedented scale, providing food and water sustainably and helping make cities more sustainable. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we strive for a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 74 countries, including all 50 United States, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The BI Analyst & Developer (Information Technology Analyst II) develops business intelligence solutions to TNC’s business questions and data challenges. As part of the Application Management and Analytics team, they coordinate and execute analysis and reporting projects for multiple TNC business areas with the objective of informing strategic business decisions and measuring program progress/efficiency.
The BI Analyst & Developer (Information Technology Analyst II) supports each stage of the report and analysis development life cycle, from requirements gathering and design to execution, testing and maintenance. They are responsible for designing, coding and documenting reports and queries, with a high level of coordination with other BIA team members and others across the organization. They work directly with clients with varying degrees of technical knowledge to guide them in defining their requirements and business questions. The BI Analyst & Developer then implements those requirements by developing a reporting strategy and programming the supporting queries, datasets and/or reports and dashboards to inform business decision-making. The BI Analyst & Developer works on a team that uses SAS, Power BI and Azure, SSRS and other tools.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Gather and document business user requirements and design effective reporting solutions.
- Maintain dashboards, reports and analyses as assigned in accurate working condition; respond to change requests and incidents.
- Provide Tier II support for SSRS, Power BI, and/or other BI reporting tools as appropriate.
- Work with ETL and data warehouse engineers to effectively define and request any additional data that may be required to fulfill reporting needs.
- Research and recommend innovative approaches and best practices/standards in dashboard development and BI reporting.
- Perform ad hoc queries in a variety of systems and tools.
- Respond to quick-turn-around requests for data and information.
- Contribute meaningfully to team initiatives to streamline and optimize processes and practices, and ensure we are fit for purpose.
- Lead BI reporting projects with limited scope.
- Exercise forethought to avoid project issues; work to resolve issues independently or escalate as appropriate.
- Conduct testing and QA review for others on BIA team.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems or related field and 3 years of experience in an IT or related field, or equivalent combination.
- Experience in SQL and one of the following languages: T-SQL, base SAS, DAX, PL/SQL, MySQL, R. (≥ 3 years)
- Experience designing and building reports, including visuals, with one of the following BI tools: Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, SAS Visual Analytics or similar visual reporting tool. (≥ 3 years)
- Experience gathering and analyzing requirements, recommending solutions, and interpreting data.
- Experience working within a framework that includes relational database models.
- Experience with the full life-cycle of technology development and best practices.
- SQL certification preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Excel (e.g., functions, pivots, macros); experience with Power Query or Power Pivot
- Proven ability to adapt to shifting priorities and timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work in partnership with all levels of staff in a collaborative or advisory role.
- Strong organizational skills, time management, attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of project management concepts.
- Critical thinker with creative and collaborative problem-solving skills. Results driven.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to position number 48294, submit resume (required) and cover letter separately using the upload buttons. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on January 21, 2020.
Click “submit” to apply for the position or “save for later” to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.
If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact email@example.com.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
The successful applicant must meet the requirements of The Nature Conservancy’s background screening process.
Apply on company website