Pay Grade: 41
Hiring Range: Commensurate with Education and Experience
JOB SUMMARY/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Clinic Manger leads and manages the employee/student clinic. Instrumental in defining the mission, goals, budget and performance standards for the clinic(s) and communicating it to staff. Utilizes knowledge of organization policies, procedures and systems. Must work effectively with providers, staff, patients, public and external agencies. This position provides support for the Business Office of the Chancellor and Executive Vice Chancellor, including processing and or approving of financial documents and maintaining source documents.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads employees to accomplish job objectives; inspires confidence and motivation; clearly defines expectations, and maintains personal effectiveness under pressure.
- Helps establish/implement goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and systems for the clinic.
- Develops, monitors, and analyzes budget and financial information and utilizes resources in an effective and economical manner.
- Provides support for the Business Office of the Chancellor and Executive Vice Chancellor, including processing and or approving of financial documents and maintaining source documents.
- Develops standards, provides systems to monitor and evaluate physician office functions, and assumes responsibility for designing methods to improve functions.
- Implements system to document and communicate standards, which includes policies, procedures and protocol.
- Documents and reports to, Medical Director of University Health Services and providers within cost center incidents, quality assessment and improvement activities, employee competence through performance evaluation, project activity, reviews budget variances, and issues affecting clinic productivity and effectiveness.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to meet state and federal regulations. Assures compliance with corporate compliance policies.
- Identifies and understands customers of the clinic. Formulates and monitors working relationships, which adhere to the customer standards.
- Assists physicians with the development activities associated with building a successful practice.
- Assists Medical Director of University Health Services in the implementation of University and Operating Management Group policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Health Administration or Related (TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED)
EXPERIENCE: Five (5) years of related experience. Management experience required. Medical office experience preferred. Previous medical billing experience in managed care setting preferred. Knowledge of ICD-10 and CPT coding, and how it affects reimbursement from third party payers is required. Knowledgeable of Medicare, Medicaid, managed care and other third party payer's guidelines. Knowledge of standard office machinery including computer systems and applications. Demonstrates working knowledge of the practice management system. Possesses good grammatical and business communication skills. Demonstrates leadership skills including Critical Thinking, Conflict Management, Negotiation and Motivation, Personnel Development. Fosters the goals of team building with clinic staff. Demonstrates appropriate delegation and coordination of tasks and duties in the operations of physician clinic, using appropriate organizational/priority setting skills. Familiarity with electronic medical records. Familiarity with NextGen electronic medical records is preferred. Ability to develop the leadership skills of staff through delegation of responsibility. Ability to take initiative and to exercise independent judgment, decision-making and problem solving expertise.
WORK SCHEDULE: This position is required to report to the designated work location to ensure operation of essential campus functions or departments during an emergency, or when the University has suspended or delayed operations. This position may occasionally work evenings and weekends, with occasional overnight travel.
Apply on company website