Pay Grade: 44 Hiring Range: $4,733.73 - $7,676.93/Monthly
JOB SUMMARY/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Under the direction of the Director of the Center for Biomedical Informatics (CBMI), the Database Architect supervises and leads development and implementation of research Enterprise Data Warehouse, data mart and deployment of associated Business Intelligence/Visual Analytic systems for UTHSC Center for Biomedical Informatics. This position leads maintenance and improvement of UTHSC in-house clinical data management systems, specifically focusing on database design and architecture as well as integrates novel systems with the UTHSC CBMI infrastructure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with Methodist Healthcare IT to continue existing development, and implementation of research Enterprise Data Warehouse (rEDW).
- Leads normalization, harmonization, and integration of legacy data from other sources and develops a framework using common data models for data marts and the data warehouse.
- Provides guidance and direction on the development and maintenance of a data sandbox system for healthcare analytics.
- Creates the database structure, proposes hardware and software requirements, and implements software for a comprehensive analytical framework for the CBMI.
- Designs and manipulates web-database accessible software for manipulation of data using HTML and SQL commands.
- Guides CBMI service team to develop and implement advanced search algorithms for data retrieval and pre-analysis verification.
- Provides project status reports to CBMI management and customers.
- Implements the usage of business intelligence and data visualization dashboards (Tableau etc.).
- Oversees maintenance of CBMI servers in collaboration with UTHSC ITS.
- Oversees REDCap application upgrades and installation when applicable. REDCap data management and manipulation for existing clients, holding demo sessions and consultation for prospective clients.
- Performs other duties assigned.
EDUCATION: Master's Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, or Engineering (TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED)
EXPERIENCE: Five (5) years of experience using SQL Language in a corporate environment of which two (2) years are in healthcare or life sciences field, two (2) years database design experience including stored procedures, triggers, tables and cursors. (Additional experience in healthcare ontologies such as ICD9/10, SNOWMED-CT etc. is a plus).KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; expert SQL programming skills.
- Advanced understanding and knowledge of database design principles (e.g., Star and Snowflake schema).
- Ability to write complex SQL queries (sub queries, aggregates, cursors and tests).
- Working knowledge of revision control software (e.g. Subversion); statistical knowledge (ANOVA, Regression analysis), as well as statistical software (R, SAS, JMP).
- Experience and skill working with Oracle, MySQL and other relational database management systems.
- Knowledge of Big Data systems and big data manipulation techniques (Hadoop, impala, MapReduce).
- Ability to implement such systems in different configurations (Cloudera, Pivotal HortonWorks).
- Knowledge of and skill with Tableau Server, Tableau Desktop, and ability to manage sites, users, and dashboards.
- Ability to understand written requirements and communicate with users until final dashboard creation can be published to the server.
An official transcript or documentation to verify education must be submitted in a sealed envelope to the Human Resources Department prior to first day of employment if selected for a position.
Apply on company website