Pay Grade: 35 Hiring Range: $15.00 - $16.74/Hourly
JOB SUMMARY/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, this position oversees the day-to-day clinical operations within the Department of Pediatrics, Pediatric Dental Clinic of Le Bonheur Hospital. Assists clinical faculty with developing policies and procedures and serves as liaison between the business office of the College of Dentistry (COD) and the faculty practice.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contacts and schedules patients for treatment plans.
- Collects payments and verifies insurance.
- Explains to patients the procedures, length of visits, and potential number of visits to complete treatments.
- Develops and maintains a list of patients available for on-call appointments.
- Re-schedules doctor appointments according to cancellation of clinical activities, cancelled appointments, or on-call appointments.
- Updates and processes patient's medical treatment status, as deemed necessary.
- Cross-trains dental assistants on scheduling patient appointments.
- Detects and reports deviations from accepted practices, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures all patient clinical encounters are recorded and procedure codes are accurate for billing purposes.
- Establishes and implements policies and procedures for the pediatric dental practice.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED (TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED)
EXPERIENCE: Three (3) years of experience in a medical or dental office/facility with responsibility for scheduling patients and account management; OR Associate's Degree and one (1) year of experience. (Knowledge of common dental procedures and associated current dental terminology (CDT) codes to aid in appropriate and timely scheduling of patient appointments is preferred). (Knowledge of American Dental Association (ADA) CDT codes and billing preferred). (Appointment scheduling experience within a dental electronic practice management software preferred)KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to manage the daily operations of a pediatric dental office.
- Excellent and adaptable computer skills.
- Ability to adapt to UTHSC-COD procedures, methodologies, and technology.
- Ability to operate independently.
- Ability to adapt and modify standard protocol, as necessary.
- Knowledge of dental procedures to aid in appropriate and timely scheduling.
- Knowledge of CDT procedure codes and their billing.
- Ability to manage patient flow and patient accounting.
- Knowledge of and experience with electronic medical records.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multi-task effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills (patient, staff, and faculty).
Apply on company website