Pay Grade: 43
JOB SUMMARY/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Nurse Practitioner provides continuous, comprehensive care through disease management, health promotion, health education, and preventative health services for patients in the student health center and/or primary care clinic. This position diagnoses and treats acute and chronic illness independently or as part of a healthcare team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides episodic and chronic care, as well as screening and educational assistance to clinic patients.
- Obtains and interprets patients' history, symptoms, physical findings, or diagnostic information to develop appropriate diagnoses.
- Orders, performs, or interprets the results of diagnostic tests such as laboratory results, EKG's, and imaging studies.
- Develops appropriate treatment plans and performs diagnostic screenings/immunizations based on evidence-based practice guidelines.
- Recognizes signs of mental or emotional illness in patient and refer for appropriate behavioral health evaluation and treatment.
- Prescribes medications based on efficacy, safety, and cost as legally authorized.
- Counsels patients about drug regimens, possible side effects or interactions with other substances.
- Educates patients about self-management of acute or chronic illnesses.
- Participates in continuing nursing education and training to keep abreast of current developments in the industry.
- Serves as a clinical resource for RNs, LPNs, CMAs, lab personnel and patient account specialists.
- Performs other related duties as needed.
EDUCATION: Master's Degree in Nursing (TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED)
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years primary care experience required. GYN skills essential; computer skills essential for use of electronic medical record. Occupational Health experience preferred, but not required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Possesses strong active listening skills and reading comprehension abilities.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exhibits superior critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Shows working knowledge of pharmaceuticals, side effects, and potential problems with medicine combinations.
- Possesses a high level of social perceptiveness.
- Displays exceptional customer service skills.
- Demonstrates strong active learning skills, as well as complex problem-solving abilities.
- Exhibits strong organizational skills and effective time management abilities.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: Current and valid Tennessee license from the State Board of Nursing for Advanced Nursing Practice; Meet all state requirements and obtain valid Prescriptive Authority including a DEA certificate; Officially accredited to practice as a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) by AANP or ANCC (APN License preferred). (COPY OF LICENSE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED)
WORK SCHEDULE: This position occasionally works evenings and weekends.
An official transcript or documentation to verify education must be submitted in a sealed envelope to the Human Resources Department prior to first day of employment if selected for a position.
Apply on company website