Pay Grade: 38
Hiring Range: Salary Commensurate with Education and ExperienceTHIS IS A GRANT FUNDED POSITION
JOB SUMMARY/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Under the direction of the Principal Investigator (PI), and alternate investigators, the Research Nurse works to carry out protocols approved by the UT Internal Review Board (IRB) and UT Safety Advisory Board (SAB); both National Institute of Health (NIH) Studies and industry funded studies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows protocol and guidelines, have in-depth knowledge of CRC protocols.
- Assists in screening patients and, if designate by the investigator, obtain informed consent.
- Reviews Inclusion and Exclusion criteria for protocol.
- Completes certification procedures for protocols and understands procedures performed as Oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT), Intravenous glucose tolerance test (IVGTT), and Mixed meal tolerance (MMT) on each visit.
- Performs Venipunctures and maintains venous access for timed lab samples or IV infusions per protocols.
- Ensures proper laboratory specimens are collected, timed tested above as specified; follows OSHA standards when collecting samples; processes samples per protocol specifications and standards for sample collection.
- Draws, processes, and ships blood, serum, urine and stool samples in accordance with federal Biohazard safety regulations and protocol specifications.
- Reports protocol deviations, adverse events, and protocol violations to proper staff.
- Performs EKGs, Ankle-Brachail Index test (ABIs), pregnancy tests, urine dipsticks, and aliquot 24-hour urines.
- Performs blood pressures with dinamap machine and manually; obtains weight and height with stadimeter measurements per protocol specifications.
- Operates warm, cold, and microfuge centrifuges; maintains temperature logs on freezers; logs samples in freezer log and freezer boxes per protocol specifications.
- Operate and ensure daily maintenance of the laboratory glucose analyzer YSI machine; perform protocol specific body x-ray using the Hologic DEXA machine; analyze and archives scans daily, and perform daily quality control (QC).
- Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION: BSN, current Tennessee nursing license (TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED)
EXPERIENCE: One (1) year of clinical research. Ability to interpret clinical research protocols. Ability to perform Blood Pressure with dinamap and manually. Skills in collecting, processing and maintaining blood samples. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Computer skills to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Stat view, and JMP software. Experience installing, configuring and maintaining database infrastructure components. Skills in database administration to include the ability to analyze clinical information and data flow. Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: Registered Nurse, Current Tennessee nursing license (COPY OF LICENSE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED)
Apply on company website