Pay Grade: 34 Hiring Range: $15.00/Hourly
JOB SUMMARY/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Under the direction of the Paint Shop Supervisor, this position prepares painting materials to paint buildings, equipment, and furniture located at The University of Tennessee Science Center.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Applies paints, sealers, and solvents to exterior and interior building surfaces such as plaster, sheetrock, concrete, and wood.
- Conducts building exterior and interior caulking, finish repair, mud and tape, and texturing tasks.
- Uses equipment such as airless spray equipment, scaffolding, and motorized lifts.
- Operates mechanized high-reach equipment to renew caulking on exterior building panel seams, windows, and doors.
- Executes special refinishing tasks including wood surface preparation, staining, and sealing.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Performs minor plaster repair, blending newly renovated wall surfaces with existing plaster.
- Surveys building painting project sites to estimate time and material quantities required; selects appropriate surface coatings.
- Drives equipment to designated areas on campus, as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED. (TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED)
EXPERIENCE: Three (3) years painting experience to include experience operating hand brushes, using rollers or sprays to paint areas, performing minor patchwork, and refinishing furniture.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to walk, stand, stoop, climb ladders, and reach overhead.
- Ability to work in confined areas for extended periods of time.
- Ability to determine type and amount of material needed.
- Ability to rig scaffolding.
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS: Valid Driver's License Required.
An official transcript or documentation to verify education must be submitted in a sealed envelope to the Human Resources Department prior to first day of employment if selected for a position.
Apply on company website