Pay Grade: 36 Hiring Salary: $20.56/Hourly
JOB SUMMARY/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, this position fabricates and installs ductwork and sheet metal projects on campus. This position also provides leadership, guidance, and training for less skilled personnel.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sizes, fabricates, and installs ductwork, VAV boxes, drain pans, hood covers, and AC Units.
- Reads blueprints and installs new equipment needing ductwork.
- Uses schematics, wiring diagrams, equipment flow charts, technical support from manufacturers and distributors to aid with the installation/repair of ductwork and HVAC equipment.
- Sizes, installs, or replaces exhaust fans.
- Troubleshoots and verifies that HVAC air handling systems are designed, installed, and calibrated according to design standards. Uses flow hoods and other special tools.
- Tests and balances fume hoods and AC systems.
- Orders, lays out, and fabricates various types of duct systems with the understanding of duct design including static pressure, velocity, and friction rates
- Installs and inspects existing smoke dampers and other related sheet metal items such as facia, gutters, down spouts, wall louvers, coping, and flashing.
- Drives to designated areas on campus to perform assigned tasks.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED. (TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED)
EXPERIENCE: Three (3) years' experience of fabricating, repairing, and maintaining building ductwork system, and balancing air systems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to use all sheet metal equipment; read blueprints; read drawing and use all measuring tools.
- Ability to use all air balancing equipment.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Ability to use sheet metal brakes, lock formers, grinders and various machinery and hand tools.
- Ability to follow local, state, and federal safety standards and codes.
WORK SCHEDULE: Shift Hours 7:45am-4:45pm. This position may be occasionally required to work evenings and weekends.
An official transcript or documentation to verify education must be submitted in a sealed envelope to the Human Resources Department prior to first day of employment if selected for a position.
Apply on company website