Pay Grade: 42
Hiring Range: Salary Commensurate with Education and Experience
THIS IS A PART-TIME, GRANT-FUNDED POSITION.
Job Summary/Essential Job Functions: Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, the Speech Language Pathologist provides diagnostic evaluations for children with/suspected to have communication disorders and/or developmental disabilities and oversees graduate speech-language pathology students.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews intake paperwork and records, writes reports, maintains a billing for services, and provides feedback to families upon completion.
- Provides a monthly summary of clinical services activities to the CDD Clinical Services Coordinator.
- Supervises and assists speech-language pathology graduate students by interviewing student candidates and supervising clinical practica.
- Submits supervisory activities to the CDD Training Director on a quarterly basis.
- Provides occasional speech-language pathology lectures and technical assistance to students, faculty, and community stakeholders.
- Conducts monthly Pediatric resident lecture series and annual presentations for Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental and related Disabilities (LEND) program.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Master's Degree in Speech Pathology; Licensed or eligible for Tennessee Licensure in Speech-Language Pathology. Holds current ASHA Certification. (TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED)
EXPERIENCE: Experience working with young children and their families and conducting diagnostic evaluations. Interest in clinical teaching is required. (Minimum of three (3) years of related experience preferred).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Skilled in the provision of diagnostic evaluation services in speech-language pathology.
- Good interpersonal skills with co-workers, students, and community members.
- Skilled in working with parents and families of children with communication disorders and/or developmental disabilities.
- Knowledgeable in the ASHA code of ethics and best practices in the field.
- Good public speaking and written skills.
- Knowledge of/familiarity with insurance and billing practices and procedures.
- Ability to display an attitude of sensitivity to the needs of clients as members of larger familial, cultural, linguistic, and social systems.
Apply on company website