Pay Grade: 36 JOB SUMMARY/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Senior Power Plant Operator tests and maintains treated water systems, and operates the high-pressure boiler, power plant, and cooling plant for the Health Science Center.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operates heating and cooling plant equipment that includes boilers that generate pressure in excess of 15 PSI and centrifugal chillers ranging in size up to 1500 tons.
- Logs entries daily as to the functions of the equipment daily check sheet.
- Repairs and maintains equipment as necessary.
- Performs routine maintenance tasks associated with the boilers and chillers and supporting equipment.
- Performs daily water sample readings on closed looped systems.
- Generates and maintains electronic and paper records.
- Orders parts through the supervisor.
- Cleans and maintains mechanical rooms.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION: High School diploma or GED (TRANSCRIPT REQUIRED)
EXPERIENCE: Two (2) years of experience assisting in the operation and maintenance of high-pressure boilers in excess of 15 PSI, operating boilers greater than 5HP and monitoring refrigeration equipment greater than 40 tons; one (1) year experience testing and treating hydronic systems. Must have working knowledge of BAS systems. Must have computer skills with windows systems. Ability to communicate by use of telephone or Radio.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: Shelby County first class steam operating license required; A Shelby County first class refrigeration operating license is preferred. Valid driver's license required. (COPY OF LICENSE/CERTIFICATION is REQUIRED)
PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS: Ability to lift 75 lbs.; Ability to climb and work from ladders for extended periods.
WORK SCHEDULE: This position is required to report to designated work location to ensure operation of essential campus functions or departments during an emergency, or when the University has suspended or delayed operations. Must be flexible with the work schedule. This position works rotating shifts. May frequently work weekends and evenings.
Apply on company website