The Westin New York Grand Central
Directs and ensures the efficient administration and management of the Human Resources function to include recruiting, training, wage and benefit administration, compliance with statutory requirements and the execution of associate relations activities, in order to provide each department with the personnel, guidance, and support necessary to achieve their guest service and business objectives.
- 3+ Years of Human Resources Experience.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Ability to deal effectively with all applicants and associates with tact and diplomacy, to diffuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Thorough knowledge of Human Resources practices and procedures as well as considerable knowledge of Federal, State and Local laws and regulations pertaining to Human Resources matters.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals.
- Able to set priorities, plan, organize and delegate.
- Basic mathematical skills in order to perform moderately complex calculations for salary and benefit administration and to forecast departmental expenses using a calculator and/or moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to prepare correspondence and meet deadlines.
- Ability to prepare office memorandum and correspondence as well as provide clear and meaningful instructions, guidance and counseling to all associates.
- Ability to observe associates in the work place, analyze operations and detect situations of concern with regard to areas such as associate performance, grooming, training, policy adherence and morale.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to stand, walk and sit and continuously perform essential job functions for an eight-plus hour shift with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
- Provide assistance, guidance and counseling to the General Manager, management staff and associates in order to maximize the quality and professionalism of the hotel staff by listening and interpreting concerns and objectives and seeking solutions.
- Ensure that associates are developed and utilized to their maximum potential by controlling the implementation, administration and monitoring of all training programs. Instruct training classes, analyze and review current and proposed methods, consult with and make recommendations to the management staff for improvement.
- Direct and instruct the management staff in effective recruiting and interviewing techniques using methods such as verbal presentations and written directions to ensure the hiring and retention of qualified and efficient associates. Conduct interviews for all management positions. Ensure all other pre-selection activities are completed, including drug testing, reference checks, background checks, etc. Ensure all new hires and existing associates possess proper employment eligibility verifications.
- Ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures and Federal, State and Local laws and regulations which pertain to Human Resources. Implement new procedures and communicate verbally and in writing any new requirements. Oversee compliance with Affirmative Action Plan.
- Direct and administer associates relations programs and activities such as associate recognition and service award ceremonies, social functions and general hotel meetings to maintain a positive associate relations climate. Monitor the associate performance appraisal programs. Analyze evaluations to ensure appraisal comments are appropriate and verify goals are measurable and achievable. Control the administration of wages and benefits to ensure the accurate and equitable application of same, analyzing and applying information retrieved from moderately complex reports, manuals and/or computer systems.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Apply on company website