The Westin Pasadena
Plan and manage the kitchen staff in the procurement, production, preparation and presentation of all food for the hotel in a safe, sanitary work environment which conforms to all standards and regulations and achieves profitable, competitive, quality products.
- Two+ years of post high school education, culinary education is desirable.
- Five+ years of employment in a related position.
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the food profession. This includes experiential knowledge required for management of people and/or complex problems and food and beverage management.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
- Direct the day to day operations of all areas of the kitchen including outlets, banquets, stewarding, and purchasing.
- Manage the daily production, preparation and presentation of all food for the hotel's restaurant(s) and room service to ensure a quality, consistent product is produced which conforms to all HEI Franchise standards.
- Manage Human Resources in the production and preparation areas of the kitchen in order to attract, retain and motivate the associates while providing a safe work environment; interview, hire, schedule, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, recommend and conduct performance and salary reviews, provide open communication vehicles, recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate.
- Schedule and manage the maintenance/sanitation of the kitchen, equipment and related areas to ensure a healthy, safe work environment which meets/exceeds federal, state, corporate and franchise standards and regulations.
- Monitor, analyze and control all labor and food costs; prepare the appropriate reports, charts and schedules to ensure budgets are met/exceeded while quality is maintained/improved.
- Promote the Accident Prevention Program to minimize liabilities and related expenses.
- Responsible for the creation, costing and implementation of seasonal and special menus.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Apply on company website