When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Healthcare Market Division (HMD)offers a broad array of consumables, diagnostic kits and reagents, equipment, instruments, solutions and services for hospitals, clinical laboratories, reference laboratories, physicians' offices and other clinical testing facilities. These products are manufactured by Thermo Fisher and third parties. The division is based in Houston, Texas and manages over 22,000 active customer accounts, 80,000 products, 2900 suppliers, 13 distribution centers and 3 customer service locations generating over $1B in revenues.
How will you make an impact:
The Account Executive for this Healthcare Market Division position reports to the District Manager. The incumbent will maintain and improve existing customer relations while establishing new accounts as well. This position will be charged with increasing profitable sales by selling consumable and diagnostic lab supplies / instrumentation (equipment). Partnering with the appropriate sales specialist, corporate account sales team or member of management to provide expertise, the incumbent will negotiate and close sales, be responsible for operational analysis of customers, pricing and projects.
Working this position will require excellent communication skills and abilities to resolve account issues, grow business in existing customer accounts, and prospect new customer accounts within the assigned geographic area (Southern Nevada).
What you will do:
- Proven ability to call on customers in territory assigned, plan schedule, organize and control daily tasks, functions and duties to yield maximum sales results from efforts
- Develop and maintain relationships with hospitals, lab contacts, physicians, retail contacts and other ancillary medical professionals
- Evaluate and communicate product and service needs for assigned account
- Complete all required administrative duties, including but not limited to all daily / weekly reports to management, maintain follow up files and communicate results
- Ability to apply consultative selling skills and ‘close the deal'
- Field sales experience that includes laboratory and healthcare preferred
Ability to multi-task and maintain a heavy workload
Articulate communication skills (in person and over the phone)
Skills and Abilities
- Proven sales track record
- Industry track record for securing new business preferred
- Proven abilities in the area of competitive account development
- Proven abilities managing new contract/account roll-outs
- Manage overall sales process, set appropriate metrics for sales funnel management
- Maintain key customer relationships and develop and implement strategies for expanding the company's customer base in territory
- Ability to utilize PC software, i.e. Word, Excel to track sales data
- Excellent verbal and written communication, skills
- Acquire knowledge to understand Fisher Health Care pricing and operational systems
How you will get here:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Medical Science, Biology, Business or related field
- 5-10 Years sales experience, preferably in Medical Sales, Lab, Science, Health Care Industry
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Strong sales experience
- Project management experience within a team environment
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong ability to develop and maintain customer relationships
- Intermediate to advanced MS Word and Excel software / PC skills
- Proven ability to ‘close the deal'
- Pass all required Vendor Credentialing for Hospital / Lab access
- Minimum 50% Air and Vehicle Travel Required
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82477469
Apply on company website