When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. Thermo Fisher recognizes that digital enablement has the power to change the way our customers work — providing them with unmatched capabilities for digital science execution, commerce and services and to drive productivity and ultimately power science.
As our new Account Manager you will be joining our Digital Science business unit where our vision is to make it easy for our scientific customers to digitize their research, development, and manufacturing lab operations. As Account Manager you will help define, build, and launch new software capabilities and business models that improve experimental method design and sample tracking in laboratories around the world. You will be responsible for the development of new and existing Digital Science software business within your territory, meeting or exceeding quarterly and annual sales quotas. This will include the review of the local market, review and assessment of existing and recruitment of new potential partners.
This is a permanent contract and we are offering this role as fully remote based anywhere in the UK. Your sales territory will cover all of the UK and Denmark, and you will be travelling up to 3 to 4 days per week (on average) across this territory. Initially, travel may be lower due to the ongoing effects of the pandemic. When not travelling, you will be able to work from home.
What will you do?
- Develop existing Digital Science accounts, growing the software and services portfolio
- Successfully prospect for new business across the territory
- Meet or exceed the agreed targets for the territory (financial, strategic and tactical)
- Prepare business plans for the territory, to include: opportunity map, estimates of current and future levels of spending on products and services, sales strategies, tactics and resource requirements
- Proactively meet with customers throughout the region on a regular basis to ensure customer satisfaction
- Ensure implementation schedules and support activities are aligned with commitments to customers and to management
- Manage the contract review process and negotiation
- Builds commitment and closure at each stage of the sales process
- Conduct, where applicable, quarterly account reviews and updates the account plans on a regular basis to reflect progress and market changes
- Maintain and update a list of prospects within a centralized CRM system
- Qualify potential opportunities early in the sales cycle and manage the pipeline to ensure that opportunities are pursued in a timely way and revenue expectations are met
- Provide realistic sales forecasts to management and communicates any significant changes or developments
- Collaborate with other groups within the company to implement appropriate strategies to address business opportunities and overcome obstacles
Who we are looking for:
- Extensive experience in software sales, preferably at enterprise level within a scientific domain
- Scientific or IT degree
- Account planning & customer account management background
- Ability to drive new business development activities as well as to negotiate and close sales contracts
- Fluent in English
- Valid Driving Licence
- Willing & able to travel as required within your sales territory (including overnight stays)
What's in it for you:
- Excellent career progression opportunities with a large and growing global employer
- Competitive salary, plus sales bonus
- Full benefits package
- Fully remote role
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $35 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Our global team of more than 90,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon.
For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com
Apply on company website