Job Title: Applications Engineer / Applications Scientist / NanoPort
Requisition ID: R-00980563
The NanoPort team, within the Sales and Service Division (SSD) Organization, runs a state-of-the-art electron microscopy lab, supporting Thermo Fisher Scientific's account managers and external customers. Key deliverables of the NanoPort team are:
- Carefully prepared product and workflow demonstrations, based on a solid understanding of customers' application needs, providing evidence of the unique value of Thermo Fisher Scientific's solution in a highly competitive market.
- Customer applications training and support providing unparalleled value, allowing users to obtain the best possible results and value from their instruments in the shortest possible time.
How will you make an impact?
The Applications Scientist in the Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) applications team is responsible for providing technical expertise in the support of Thermo Fisher Scientific's Americas sales efforts at specific customer sites.
What will you do?
- Perform high quality SEM product demonstrations, including the development of new techniques and applications for Thermo Fisher Scientific partners and customers.
- Conduct customer training and translate customer needs into workable solutions.
- Technical product expert assisting with all phases of the sales cycle.
- Cultivating positive customer relationships and acting as a high level customer interface for specific instrument/applications issues, explaining complex technology details, giving in depth technical presentations, and assisting in applications development.
- Customer support and applications training post sales cycle and after an instrument has been installed.
- Provide continuous feedback to the product groups on system performance, features, and potential problems while collaborating with marketing/development groups on future product developments.
How Will You Get Here?
This position is ideal for an experienced technologist wanting to be involved with a dynamic team and exposed to a constant variety of customer application areas. The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Typically requires a University degree in Materials Science, Chemistry and or Physics. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Knowledge and recent hands-on experience with SEM is required.
- 6 or more years of experience in a relevant position within the research environment with recent experience utilizing SEM and EDS technology.
- Knowledge of advanced technology diagnostics as well as troubleshooting techniques, operational optimization, and experience of analytical equipment; specifically, electron/ion microscopes and EDX Spectroscopy.
- Excellent, enthusiastic, clear communication skills, both written and verbal, with a diverse audience are critical to the success of this position.
- Excellent customer interfacing skills a must
- Proven ability to interact with cross-functional and cross-cultural teams
- Ability to travel both domestically internationally (up to 50%), possession of a valid passport.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82508912
Apply on company website