Role can be remotely based
The Business Development Manager will help drive revenue by working closely with Business Development and Product Managers to implement tactical and strategic initiatives that support the business strategy. One area of primary focus will be to help evangelize LHS products within the Thermo Scientific organization by improving existing cross-divisional partnerships as well as identifying, developing, and nurturing new ones. The role will ensure that partners understand and engage in the long-term strategic vision of integrating LHS products into applications and workflows as part of a total Thermo Scientific solution. Identifying high-value applications, workflows, and NPIs to ensure LHS products are properly represented in manuals, instructions for use, marketing assets, etc. will be an ongoing priority that will drive cross-divisional marketing programs and new product development. In addition, the role will provide support to tactical business development activities such as new product development, new segment development, and KPI reporting. This position will report to the LHS General Manager. This will be a full-time position based out of our Carlsbad office.
The ideal candidate will:
- Execute tactical and strategic initiatives to meet near term and long term revenue and margin targets
- Identify and execute cross-divisional partnership targets with a clear focus on applications-based solutions that will provide scalable growth for the business
- Increase awareness of LHS products and capabilities within the Thermo Fisher Scientific organization through training, R&D and manufacturing site pipette conversions, and marketing initiatives
- Establish a business model for collaboration (benefits, risks, opportunities, etc.). Recognizing the need for both revenue-based and relationship quality and value metrics. Understand and demonstrate the likelihood of success of the collaboration and produce financial analysis to assess the viability
- Act as a conduit between LHS and other BU's to ensure LHS products are fully integrated into cross-divisional initiatives, marketing assets, campaigns, manuals, white papers, smart notes, etc.
- Be responsible for and execute new product development deliverables like a go-to-market plan for channels and regions, new product introduction launch project management, SKU activation (global distribution centers, channel partners), demo stock distribution, service center/customer service training, and training materials.
- Perform and actively maintain market research on competitor/markets (price, product features, NPI, marketing programs) to gain a better understanding of areas of opportunities for the business
- Plan, develop, and conduct/manage VOC to gain customer insight that can be used for NPI and marketing initiatives
- Create content for and conduct product training with commercial teams and channel partners
- Stock and order allocation
- Gather, analyze and present findings from available internal business and marketing KPIs to help provide insight on marketing/operational effectiveness and refine future initiatives
- Support annual pricing process and execution of pricing strategy with activities like ensuring regional price files are accurately completed and submitted on time to the Global Strategic Pricing team
How will you get there?
- Bachelor's Degree in Life Science related field (Chemistry, Biochemistry, Genetics, Biology, etc.) or Business/Marketing or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience establishing and maintaining business development type relations such as OEM partnerships, co-marketing, or co-selling with internal or external partners
- Demonstrated track record of driving growth in a sales, marketing, or product management role
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgment and decision making in a complex and fast-paced environment
- Keen interpersonal and customer relationship skills
- Proven leadership skills and team-building acumen across a diverse group of individuals
- Demonstrated success working in a global, matrixed environment with the ability to influence without direct authority
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82556624
Apply on company website