Position: Director Business Management, Biologics
Location: Remote (U.S.)
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $30 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 80,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
This Director of Business Management will be a new addition to the Biologics Business Unit Business Management team with key responsibilities for business planning and contracting activities.
This role reports to the VP Commercial Operations, Biologics. A focused support to Pharma Services Strategic Accounts team.. Establish and deliver business growth objectives supporting Strategic Accounts and Biologics Business Unit growth objectives
- Deliver on the annual Business Unit Sales and revenue targets for Strategic Accounts customer portfolio.
- Establish customer specific business plans alongside the Strategic Accounts team for Biologic Drug Substance Opportunities.
- Generate and actively manage the sales and revenue forecasts for these accounts and communicate with site finance and Business Unit Leadership.
- Drive the Commercial aspects of the business relationship with customers. Assess and implement new business opportunities identified by sales.
- Contributes to the development of BU strategy to capture new business opportunities/niches supporting the Unique needs of larger customer accounts.
- BSc/MSc in chemical/biological processing, molecular biology, biology, engineering.
- MBA preferred.
- Preference will be given to candidates with Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree.
- Typically requires 15 + years of related experience in the Bioprocessing/Pharmaceutical Industry.
- Work pharma related services, science-based industries in biologics molecules.
- Have > 5 yrs. experience in a business development role and/or exposure to BD activities with large pharma and/or large biotech companies.
- Having excellent customer facing track-record.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Working knowledge of pharmaceutical manufacturing and outsourcing including familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Experience in establishing customer commitments and contracts.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft (MS) Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Share point, MS Project).
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Strong leadership and conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- In-dept. knowledge of functional area, business strategy and the company goals.
- Demonstrated ability to balance/maintain conflicting goals, responsibilities, and priorities of the organization.
- Demonstrated decision making capabilities.
- Demonstrated success as agent of change.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to motivate and lead.
- Proficiency with the English language.
- Ability to work with internal and external senior level Executives.
- Communication and cooperation with Sales.
- Ability to work between Business Units.
- Business Acumen (financial and technical).
- Strong organizational abilities.
- Dynamic, self-motivated, being able to work independently, pro-active approach to taking on challenging assignments.
- Strong project ownership ethic with a “can do” attitude.
- Ability to work within and deliver critical timelines.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral, and the self-confidence to use these skills to convince others to buy-into proposals and plans.
- Fluent in English.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82326405
Apply on company website