Clinical Application Consultant, Next Generation Sequencing
Italy South/Middle, remote
Are you passionate about making a difference within the Life Science segment? Are you looking for a role where you can use both your strong technical knowledge and your relationship building skills in a customer oriented role?
We are currently looking for a Clinical Applications Specialist with a background in Next Generation Sequencing and Diagnostics to further strengthen our team. You will work from home office in or near any larger city Italy, preferably Naples, Rome or any other larger city with good travel connections in Middle/Southern Italy. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic individual to join a fast paced global Life Sciences organization, at what is an exciting time in the growth of our business.
Develop Thermo Fisher business and relationship by providing:
- Support the Clinical market on the operation of Thermo Fisher Scientific / Ion Torrent product portfolio in Next Generation Sequencing, mainly Oncology related.
- Promotion of clinical solutions to existing customers
- Owning the implementation of assays and products / clinical solutions within customer sites
- Responsible for maximizing customer satisfaction by aligning complex product solutions and services with key customer initiatives. Build and maintain relationships with key decision makers or potential influencers
- Understanding the clinical landscape in their countries and develop a strategy how to best tackle the clinical markets in their regions
- Manage relationships with key Thermo Fisher Scientific collaborating partners
Job duties will include the following tasks:
- Review and assist customers with their protocols and assays on Ion Torrent / Thermo Fisher instrumentation at in-house facilities and at customer sites
- Help customers design and conducts experiments to assist in evaluations of Ion Torrent / Thermo Fisher products
- Promote clinical solutions at customer sites and in conferences/user meetings
- Work in collaboration with the regional stakeholders and distributors to set up best strategy for customer site
- Build strong relationships with customers
- Maintain and develop the CRM database
- Maintain consistent and structured communication with counterparts and articulate summarized communication to Manager on a periodic basis
- Obtain successful adoption of the technology within all applied markets while investigating the potential of other applications and solutions both pre-clinically and clinically
- Align with other teams in the company on a regular basis
- Estimated 40% travel, always planable
Experience/Qualifications/Qualities that are important in this role
- Graduate (minimum) qualification in an appropriate science subject, molecular biology or bioinformatics preferred
- Experience in molecular biology application is mandatory. Bioinformatics experience is strongly desirable
- Previous experience as application specialist in the clinical market or any NGS/BFX experience desirable
- Medical background, laboratory experience, and/or managed care knowledge desirable.
- Clear understanding of the Diagnostic markets and ability to gather good market intelligence with respect to competitive products and vendors
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Ability to understand and articulate complex scientific literature and use extensive complex clinical data as a key factor in the sales process
- Strong drive for success
- Native Italian speaker, fluent in English, other language competencies welcome.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73549580
Apply on company website