How will you make an impact?
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do meaningful work, that makes a positive impact on a global scale! Join 90,000 colleagues who bring our Mission to life every single day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. You'll find the resources here to achieve your career goals and help take science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world's toughest challenges. This includes protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe, and helping find cures for cancer.
We offer competitive remuneration, annual incentive plan bonus scheme, healthcare, company pension, and a range of employee benefits! Thermo Fisher Scientific offers employment with an innovative, forward-thinking organization, and outstanding career and development prospects. We offer an exciting company culture that stands for integrity, intensity, involvement, and innovation.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
How will you make an impact?
The Analyst is supremely organized, curious, and detail-oriented with responsibility for the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) data, research, reporting, and insights function that enables decision making and performance measurement. S/he will also take ownership of developing project tools to streamline complex company-wide donation processes as well as improve global sourcing for numerous CSR programs. You will be a team member who is relied upon for your deep understanding of procedures, techniques, tools, materials, and equipment that effectively monitor, measure and support initiatives driving positive societal and environmental impact. Your critical thinking and decision making will help you prioritize workflows based on the available resources and develop centralized processes where gaps currently exist. You will create and follow standard procedures to complete tasks or drive projects that vary in scope, sequence, complexity, and timing.
What will you do?
- Partner with internal colleagues on the development and production of a wide range of reports, data visualizations, and dashboards to improve understanding and recommend areas for progress.
- Support data and reporting needs for projects spanning multiple content areas (e.g., volunteerism, philanthropy, product donation, climate change, circular economy).
- Gather, supervise, and build reports on all corporate giving and various social and sustainability metrics to drive business decisions and health.
- Assist the team with data collection, methodology validation, writing, review, and editing of external CSR reports or content.
- Streamline and operationalize decentralized practices by liaising cross-functionally to create shared workflows and standard operating procedures
- Research and report out on industry trends, frameworks, methodologies, and peer programs.
- Work across a diverse group of partners, including Government Relations, Investor Relations, Legal, Finance, Hardware Engineering, Workplace, Human Resources, and Social Impact to support/ programs and priorities linked to material ESG issues.
- Organize the development and tracking of metrics related to internal CSR team performance as well as external ESG topics, including community development, diversity, governance, and science-based environmental targets.
- Develop and perform analysis of empirical data with particular focus on environment inventories such as carbon emissions, water, and waste.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's Degree, or a combination of education and equivalent experience (5+ years or relevant experience) with a validated ability to analyze data, with proficiency in Excel data architectures, raw SQL queries, and some experience with or an eagerness to learn Looker, Tableau and other BI tools.
- Demonstrated curiosity and value creation tied to sustainability programs, social and environmental issues, corporate philanthropy, and/or CSR
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and program management skills; ability to lead multiple projects at once while working in a collaborative cross-functional team.
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills as well as an ability to synthesize data into meaningful presentations, proficient in PowerPoint.
- Contribute to the development of client sustainability strategies including preparing executive level presentations and the analysis and benchmarking of performance.
- Ability to collaborate and connect with a diverse range of colleagues, including those more senior.
Apply on company website