Job Title: Crating Technician
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Analytical Instruments Group
Mon-Fri- First Shift
How will you make an impact?
Designs, arranges and packs material into wooden crates. Employee must be able to design and build custom crates while adhering to the company's safety protocols.
What will you do?
- Design and build wooden crates for electromechanical systems used in food and drug applications
- Order and organize lumber deliveries
- Ability to work under limited supervision and complete assignments
- Active member of production cell. May require inventory and equipment management as related to the cell's operations requirements
- Cross train into other functional roles as required
- Adhere to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements of the job function.
- Participate in daily team stand-up meetings; communicating daily challenges and/or ideas
- Participate and lead improvement events (such as Kaizen, 5S, Practical Process Improvement
- Work with cell leads and value stream support to resolve process issues when required
- Maintain a safe working environment, following established 5S procedures
How will you get here?
- Relevant experience in woodworking
- Experience designing wooden structures
- Skills requirements –hand tools (saws, staple gun, drill)
- Good math and computer skills
- Ability to work overtime when needed
- High visual acuity and manual dexterity
- Ability to work in a team environment
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to sit and or stand at workbench for extended periods of time; bend, stoop, reach, turn as required
- Good manual dexterity is required. Must use hands for extended periods of time while assembling (e.g. grasping, holding, picking, placing, twisting, fine manipulation). Grasping and pinching is required to operate all equipment and tools necessary to perform job functions
- These physical requirements must be performed with or without a reasonable accommodation
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82359646
Apply on company website