Company Information Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Job Description Job Title: Customer Service Rep. II (Tender Specialist)
Reports To: Customer Care Manager Tenders – South
Career Band: 2
Job Track: Management
Position Location: Monza
Number of Direct Reports: N/A
- This position is responsible for the provision of a consistently high quality of Customer Service to both internal and external customers. All tasks should be carried out in line with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) maintaining at all times the Departmental Standards, while striving to attain the personal targets and team targets as set by the department Manager/Team Leader.
- Contributes to Customer Satisfaction and takes care of meeting customer's needs. Impacts Customer Satisfaction directly by meeting or exceeding customer's expectations in all contacts with the Customer Service team. Impacts upon the Company's achievement of Sales and Service plan and forecast by ensuring the timely and accurate processing of orders, contracts, tenders, service calls etc
- Responsible for working with CSR's, Supervisors and Managers in the daily execution of departmental goals and objectives, with specific focus to tender management.
- Works in strong alignment with key stakeholders, particularly Sales to deliver a seamless tender process, in full compliance with company procedures
- Focus on process improvements to meet and exceed customer experience objectives
Depending on the department section, the following tasks will be carried out:
- Accurate completion of order entry
- Telephone duties
- General office duties
- Replying to customer enquiries
- Handling customer complaints
- Liaise with carriers
- Liaise with internal departments such as sales, logistics, warehouse, technical and marketing to obtain information for customers.
- Become knowledgeable of the Customer Service functions of the ERP system.
- Any other administrative task as deemed appropriate by the Manager. Tasks will be assigned in line with the Career Progression Ladder (current or training levels).
- Each incumbent is responsible for carrying out his/her tasks in a timely and accurate fashion. He/she is responsible for ensuring that the telephone lines are adequately covered before switching off their phone.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/ or assigned as well as backup for team members.
- Produces quotations in line with company policy/guidelines. Collaborates with instruments and consumables order entry team providing any relevant information or input.
- Customer complaints - Acts as contact point for customers and ensures timely resolution and customer satisfaction outcome. Liaises with internal departments where necessary to resolve issue or feedback relevant information to ensure process improvements.
- Tenders - Ensures collation of information from all relevant parties, provides timely response to Public and Private Tenders invitations. Coordinates with internal departments (Sales and Support) to provide relevant information and input. Acts according to Co. policy and procedures. Escalates T&C issues to Finance/Legal when required. Be involved in European Tender group sharing experience and reporting.
Nature and Scope:
This position reports to the Customer Service Team Leader/CS Supervisior/ CS Manager.
- The incumbent is responsible for conveying matters of concern to the department manager either directly or via the Team Leader/Senior CS Reps as appropriate. Incumbents will maintain the highest personal working standards and performance with emphasis on quality and service thus upholding the Company's commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Must demonstrate judgment, tact and diplomacy in dealing with internal and external customers as well the ability to handle confidential and/or proprietary information.
- Job encounters recurring and routine work situations with occasional variations from the norm. Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations. Normally receives instruction on routine work, general instruction on new assignments.
- Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position. Initiative and organization skills are extremely valuable to ensure good customer service.
- Must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, and positive attitude and perform as a team player.
- Must have the training and ability to operate, set up, maintain, and trouble shoot various types of office equipment according to equipment and SOP manuals.
- A good basic standard of education or relevant experience is required. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Preferably Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- English speaking is essential.
- Spanish speaking is essential
experience and proven record of accomplishments in Customer Service or other site departments
- Tender experience is essential
- Some previous Customer Service essential
- SAP / E1 experience preferred but not essential
- PC / Website skills essential.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73777353
Apply on company website