When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Digital Instructional Development Specialist will be responsible for the creation of state-of-the-art content, layout and setup for technical trainings delivered to our customers and employees. She/He will facilitate the cooperation with different stakeholders to integrate eLearning and Virtual/Augmented/Mixed Reality into our current training strategies. The successful candidate will cooperate closely with business colleagues including the Service and Support Development Managers, Global Technical Training, Education Services and Marketing.
What will you do?
- Lead groups of cross-functional business stakeholders and subject matter experts to manage the instructional design and development process for online training materials to support new product introductions, course updates and onboarding initiatives for technical employees and customers.
- Coordinate with business stakeholders, subject matter experts and quality teams for knowledge transfer to support development in alignment with company goals.
- Facilitate strategy for online training materials including interactive self-paced eLearning courses, videos, podcasts, online assessments, games and simulations, interactive forms, job aids, and virtual/remote live or recorded instructor-led programs.
- Support Global Services and Support teams by conceptualizing, designing and building graphic content to aide in the creation of new Virtual/Augmented/Mixed Reality work procedures.
- Work with subject matter experts to capture video, audio, and photographic content to aid in the creation of the training materials. Utilize a variety of methods and authoring tools including Articulate Rise, Storyline, video editing, video creation and editing, graphics editing, Microsoft Office, etc.
- Conduct needs assessments, create measurable learning objectives, design and develop, storyboard, pilot/test and create maintenance plans for continuous improvement of online learning solutions.
- Integrate proper design philosophies in creating UI and UX for eLearning and VR/MR applications.
- Utilize sound knowledge of the functionalities and structures of Learning Management Systems and educate colleagues on best practice. Create and maintain software documentation as needed.
- Work with a team to define design standards adhering to company brand guidance, quality standards and general operation protocols.
- Plan and forecast timelines for project goals and deliverables and establish responsible deadlines and personal work plans.
- Stay current on emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's degree in instructional design, communications, or Education. Online education focus is a plus.
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience designing and developing virtual training in a highly technical field.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Solid knowledge of adult learning principles, including how to apply them in the design process.
- Solid planning, organizational and multi-tasking skills. Basic project management skills required.
- Work collaboratively and comfortably in a fast-paced and dynamic global environment.
- Fluent in English
- Experience following a structured design process, such as ADDIE or SAM, including conducting organized needs analyses, creating design documents, storyboarding, script writing, and evaluating outcomes.
- Demonstrable experience with Articulate 360, including Rise and Storyline, or similar tools (Adobe Captivate, etc.)
- Significant experience managing content and reporting data in a Learning Management System
- High proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio, Project, and SharePoint).
- Basic graphics and video creation/editing experience preferred, using development tools such as Photoshop, PowerPoint, Illustrator, After Effects, Audition, Camtasia, Filmora, or similar.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/75699231
Apply on company website