The Director Marketing Communications is responsible for developing and implementing the long-term marketing communication vision for the ThermoFisher Patheon brand, which promotes its unique position in the CDMO marketplace. Responsibilities include assessment, planning, development, implementation and revision of all external marketing communications programs including brand management, advertising, thought leadership, social and event strategies that support the overall approved marketing strategy and budget. Directs the efforts of the marketing communications staff and coordinates at both strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the global marketing team and key stakeholders to ensure brand, message, positioning and communications are cohesive and support the overall brand and growth strategy.
- Reflect, articulate, and promote the mission, vision and brand identity for Pharma Services (PSG) group; ensure all internal and external communications adhere to brand standards
- Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success of a comprehensive communications strategy that will enhance the PSG brand image, reputation and position within the marketplace
- Responsible for the development and execution of the centralized editorial, thought leadership and advertising calendar; ensures alignment of event, social and campaign strategies to the centralized calendar
- Manage the strategic and creative design of PSG marketing communications activities and materials including advertising, website, thought leadership, social media, video production, live and virtual events, and client presentations
- Facilitate the management and maintenance of integrated marketing communications resources, including digital capability tools, content management systems and claims database
- Coordinate media interest in PSG and ensures regular contact with target media, editorial boards, press and appropriate response to media requests
- Conducts relevant market research to measure brand reputation, monitors trends and adjusts the brand strategy as appropriate; use this market information to operate with initiative and innovation.
- Align divisional PSG strategy with corporate and cross-divisional Thermo Fisher Scientific marketing initiatives
- Ensure consistent and cost-effective execution of marketing tactics and brand adherence worldwide
- Lead special projects as assigned, including special events, integration, rebranding efforts
Planning, Budgeting Measurement and Reporting
- Responsible for the achievement of goals and financial objectives. Ensure that evaluation systems, including benchmarks, are in place related to assigned goals and objectives and report progress to the VP Marketing and key stakeholders
- Coordinate with VP Marketing and Finance for annual operating plan (AOP) and marketing program budget allocation, in alignment with BU revenue targets and new business sales targets. Manage and adhere to annual operating budget
- Develop short- and long-term plans and budgets for programs and activities, monitors progress, assures adherence and evaluates performance to budget and KPIs
- Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary to optimize the operation of the marketing communications function
- Accountable for forecasting, measuring, analyzing and reporting on the impact of all marketing communications, thought leadership, advertising, social and event activities on sales pipeline, revenue and sales cycle length. Reports out and collaborates in cadence of ongoing business reviews with internal marketing team and key stakeholders.
- Leads a team to develop brand, thought leadership, event, social strategies and tactical execution plans using a best-practices framework
- Ensures efficiency of marketing communications program development by overseeing process execution and optimization. Utilizes PPI to enhance and optimize department efficiency.
- Assist in the evaluation, selection and management of outside vendors that contribute to brand communications programs including management of multiple projects in a dynamic, high-pressure environment
- Define Vision, Goals and Objectives for the team.
- Create meaningful development opportunities and provides mentorship to team; engages, coaches, and enables exceptional performance within the team.
- Identify, attract, motivate and retain superior talent.
- Identify training and development plans for the team.
- Collaborates with the digital marketing manager to ensure on-deadline execution of marketing tactics. Monitors performance
Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing or other business-related field required. MBA preferred
- Eight to ten years marketing experience, preferably in a contract drug manufacturing, contract research organization, pharmaceutical, healthcare or other technical field.
- Proven experience translating business capabilities and complex technical information into clear, concise and compelling positioning and marketing collateral.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, matrixed environment and supporting multiple stakeholder groups simultaneously.
Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and consistently meet deadlines and achieve budget.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent writing, positioning, messaging and collateral development skills.
- Ability to inspire and foster innovation, collaboration, transparency and team effectiveness.
- Ability to collaborate and influence across globally matrixed teams.
- Confidence and composure to advocate for advancement of marketing initiatives.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Ability to drive functional, technical and operational excellence.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82401700
Apply on company website