The Product Management Director, Pharma Services position is a senior marketing role that supports the Clinical Trials Division within the Pharma Services Group (PSG) and will be responsible for defining and launching new software-enabled services that will support the digital clinical supply chain strategy. This position is an upstream marketing role that drives business growth by obtaining critical market and client insights; creating business cases; assisting strategy development; establishing multi-generational service line roadmaps; defining, developing, and launching new service offerings; and integrating multiple service offerings across business units to create unique value for our clients.
The position requires significant internal and external thought leadership, strategic marketing skills, and the ability to influence across a wide variety of functions / roles. The individual in this position should be viewed as a skilled marketing professional with strong knowledge of the market, client, competition, and service offerings for the responsible business units.
- Gathers feedback from customers, sales, and business management and through Voice of Market and Voice of Client market research to identify new market trends and opportunities
- Provides critical insights and recommendations, based on external and internal assessments, that define business growth initiatives and drive a sustainable advantage
- Routinely monitors competitive landscape for significant shifts, articulates the implications for the business, and develops appropriate responses
- Actively participates in and supports business unit and divisional strategic planning processes.
- Establishes market and opportunity sizes
- Leads the innovation process for the assigned area(s), assesses opportunities, validates concepts for new service offerings through Voice of Market and Voice of Client work, defines requirements, and prepares business cases to support the investment in new service offerings
- Defines multi-generational service line roadmaps; prioritizes requirements; prepares client use cases; and leads client alpha / beta pilots to secure Voice of Client feedback
- Independently establishes and leads strategic initiatives that drive commercial success and support the overall business strategy, which includes the development and launch of new service line offerings
- Creates launch plan for new service offering introductions and provides technical training as required
- Recommends and executes implementation of new approaches to the current plan and strategy
- Interacts with varying levels of internal and external stakeholders including direct client communication and public presentation
- Supports a learning culture of continuous improvement by identifying and actively participating in and/or leading process improvement and change management initiatives as needed
- Exhibits outstanding presentation, communication, and writing skills, with the ability to inspire through persuasive presentation of information
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science degree in related science, engineering, or IT field is highly desired: Computer Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering
- MBA or equivalent experience is required
- Minimum of 10 years of strategic marketing and product management experience (upstream marketing) in the clinical technology, contract research, or CDMO industry
- Knowledge of IT systems or SaaS used in clinical trials, i.e. clinical technology
- Understands tech trends and how they impact a digital product / service roadmap
- Has launched technical products in the market
- Developed marketing strategy for combined digital / business solution
- Familiar with pharmaceutical clinical trials and clinical supply
Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
- Product management (upstream / strategic marketing) skills including the development of product roadmaps, definition of product requirements, and launch of new products or services.
- Displays solid understanding of clinical trials, clinical supply, CRO industry, and market – is viewed as an expert and can turn market insights into actions for business.
- Able to assess emerging products and companies within the technology landscape
- Demonstrates strong strategic and tactical thinking. Must be creative and possess ability to have a “big picture” viewpoint.
- Ability to influence at a senior level without direct authority. Independently identifies problems, answer questions, and gains cooperation of others to implement efficient solutions.
- Executive presence.
- Adept at distilling and communicating complex concepts in simple terms verbally and visually.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Has succeeded in cross-functional, matrix organizations with minimal supervision.
- Direct and relational leadership skills.
- Project management skills.
- Advanced Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel (i.e. pivot table) skills.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82208141
Apply on company website