When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
The Talent Management and Organizational Development team within the Life Sciences Solutions Group of Thermo Fisher Scientific is seeking a Director, Talent Management & Organizational Development who will report to the Group Talent Manager. This position will be responsible for developing and implementing talent management and organizational development strategies and solutions across multiple assigned division/function/region to drive a culture of career growth and talent mobility, and enhance employee engagement and leadership across the region. The role actively leads and engages HR colleagues and business leaders in the active talent management and development of their teams mentoring, providing counsel, and developing strategies to improve attraction, performance and retention of exceptional talent.
What will you do?
- Lead and partner with the division/function/region business leaders and their respective HR Leaders to identify needs and create talent and leadership development strategies aligned to our integrated talent management strategy.
- Partner with the group talent management team to manage succession, slates, and readiness for roles within the organization
- Lead and partner and HR and Senior leaders to diagnose, develop and deliver (in partnership with group Talent Operations team and our COE) training programs and/or interventions that help build exceptional talent.
- Lead execution of talent management and leadership development activities in the division/function specifically focusing on candidate readiness
- Establish consistent talent planning strategy and approach for the division/function partnering with business and HR leaders to identify critical positions and critical talent
- Proactively identify, track and recommend talent to fill key vacancies and support long-term growth strategies using systems and tools developed by TMD.
- Champion top talent and guide individual development plans to maximize experience, skill, and readiness for next role.
- Partner with the group TM team on ideation, development and implementation of group talent initiatives.
- Implement and drive regular opportunities for networking and sharing resources within and across divisions/functions/regions/groups to leverage talent management alignment and resources
- Actively participate and contribute in COE Talent brainstorming, initiative development, and implementation to help develop long-term talent management and capability building at Thermo Fisher.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to support attraction and hiring of talent for key destination/critical roles.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's Degree; preference for Industrial Psychology, Human Resources, Instructional design, or relative field of study
- 10+ years of talent management and development
- Experience developing, delivering leadership development learning programs
- Program and project management experience
- Advanced Microsoft office skills (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Advanced communications and presentation skills with a proven ability to influence and achieve win-win solutions
- Ability to be autonomous and operate with limited direction
- Ability to travel 30%
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website