The EHS Specialist will focus on ensuring a safe workplace is being provided .You will manage safety systems and provide leadership for the identification and correction of workplace safety risks and environmental impact through the analysis of work processes, materials, equipment, and employees' work habits. You will provide evaluation of solutions, residual risk, and prioritized management action. You will identify potential or actual areas of non-compliance through assessments or GEMBA walk and ensure appropriate corrective and preventive action is taken to address identified concerns. The role will develop, implement and improve written environmental, health, and safety programs based on OSHA and EPA regulations, Thermo Fisher Scientific corporate standards, and best management practice.
- Be a safety advocate. Proactively look for opportunities to improve safety programs and educate and inspire employees to do the same. Drive and implement changes as needed.
- Serve as a technical resource to the company in complex EHS Compliance, risk management, hazardous materials/waste, industrial hygiene, industrial safety, and/or ergonomics.
- Participate in incident investigations, ensuring root cause and countermeasure identification is completed to eliminate future injury. Review and analyze accident data to identify trends or areas requiring additional focus.
- Interface with Human Resources and health care professionals regarding return to work programs, managing injuries and workman's compensation claims.
- Facilitate and grow the site observation-based safety program.
- Complete job safety and ergonomic analysis, make recommendations and work with management to implement changes when necessary.
- Lead Process Hazards Analysis
- Develop, review and update specific environmental and safety programs.
- Maintain routine safety and environmental reports and records (OSHA logs, Stormwater, etc.).
- Actively manage and maintain environmental programs (air permit, wastewater permit, stormwater and hazardous waste)
- Conduct EHS reviews for new product development, facility modification, product manufacturing modifications and new equipment/machinery installations.
- Develop and deliver EHS training programs.
- Participate in organization response group and evacuation planning.
- Perform all job duties in a safe manner and obeys all safety policies and procedures
- Perform all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and the 4-I values
- Perform all job duties within ISO standards, regulatory or statutory requirements
- 5+ years of experience in safety or environmental field in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulatory compliance.
- Good technical and project management skills with the ability to successfully manage multiple projects and daily responsibilities.
- Ability to make decisions and work independently and as part of a team.
- Good verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Obtain solutions through independent analysis.
- Self-motivated with the ability to develop and foster creative and innovative solutions.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees.
- Ability to discern and appropriately communicate sensitive issues.
- Normally receives no instruction on routine work and general instructions on new assignments.
- Ability to lift 30 to 50 pounds.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in a technical field (chemistry, biology, environmental, safety, etc.) with training in core Environmental, Health and Safety disciplines, is preferred.
- OSHA 30 hour course or equivalent
- Experience working at an ISO 9001 facility.
- Experience with Process Safety Management.
- Experience with OSHA Voluntary Protection Program (VPP)
- CSP (Certified Safety Professional)
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82407860
Apply on company website