Thermo Fisher has an immediate opportunity available for an EPN . This position reports to our Site leader and will be located at our San Diego, CA Site. This role will be responsible for creating, printing, sorting and distributing electronic pick notifications. Please note process requires 6 hrs + dedicated time daily on computer. This is time-sensitive position in that all EPNs must be created and distributed in a 8 hour window to ensure the smooth flow of materials and/or finished goods in and out of the facility. This role will be responsible for ensuring materials are available to meet schedules and that the quality of materials are verified and secured. In addition, this role will provide database tracking and operational status reports, and presentation of data on tier boards as required by management.
Key Objectives of the role:
- Monitors daily open orders to ensure no releases are missed (Until Systemic Go-Live)
- Releases orders/accounts based on release criteria/guideline per customer and order type (Until Systemic Go-Live)
- Monitors EPN creation dashboard to ensure all EPNs are created daily
- Monitors ASANA and creates EPNs for rush orders and OEM/International customers (Until Process Transition Go-Live)
- Monitors the EPN life cycle daily via OOR and Pulse Check
- Provides RC detail against aging EPNs in the daily pulse check data
- Monitors and clears (or facilitates the clearance) of EPNs stuck in released status 4,7,8,9 daily
- Serves as backup for Data Analytics when needed (Ex. Pulse Check, LIFR, Operational Capacity, San Diego Metrics via Smartsheet)
- Attend daily Stand Up Staff/Tier meetings
- Collaborate with a team of hourly employees to achieve logistics excellence and attain company goals.
- Drives continuous improvement: creating a vision, developing projects and seeking ideas from team members to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Provide strong leadership direction working within a very diverse workforce.
- Drive communication within the distribution center as well as with other departments in the company.
- Recommend measures to improve methods and performance.
- Drive achievement of metrics in line with corporate goals.
- Ensure a 5S culture is maintained.
- Oversee the shipment of materials and/or finished goods in a timely manner according to customer requirements.
- Plan order releases and EPN Creation to meet operational needs. Participate in special projects requiring research and/or coordination of special services related to the Outbound shipping, and inventory control of goods.
- Support the customer complaint and quality processes.
- Analyze shipping schedules and estimate hours and other requirements for completion of EPNs in a timely manner.
- Resolve escalated problems with customer care team and support team in problem solving.
High School Diploma
Other duties as assigned.
Requires a minimum of 2 years related experience in a analytical/metric capacity working in an environment conducive to varying degrees of operational stress. Proven ability to organize and consistently run a smooth cost-effective operation. Must have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate processes, timelines and schedules clearly. That interaction requires strong oral and written communication skills and customer service skills. Strong problem-solving skills required. Working knowledge of business computer software required and Outbound Distribution related applications desired.
May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned. This position interacts with all levels of internal personnel, customers and stakeholders. Effectiveness in this role also requires functional knowledge of distribution operations and the facility layout. The job encounters recurring work situations of moderate scope and complexity with occasional variations from the norm. Ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position; errors in work could cause delays in schedules. The incumbent normally receives no instruction on routine work, general instruction on new assignments. Supervises non-exempt level personnel.
- Lead a safety-first culture –to constantly improve safety procedures and metrics.
- Consistently implements the just-do-it philosophy.
- Complying with all company safety regulations and procedures and report non-compliance.
- Serving as an effective safety steward by ensuring accurate reporting of Haz ID's, near misses and attending safety trainings
- Operating a safe work environment through continuous safety awareness and full compliance to all EH&S programs and activities
Works in a warehouse environment. May on a continuous basis walk, bend and lift up to 40 lbs. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. May intermittently sit at desk for a long period of time to answer telephone and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means. Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed including weekends. Occasional local travel may be required. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73784857
Apply on company website