When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As the world leader in serving science, we empower our people to advance innovative technologies, develop meaningful solutions, and build rewarding careers. With revenues of $25 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our 75,000 extraordinary minds the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Materials and Structural Analysis Electron Microscopy business enables customers to find meaningful answers to questions that accelerate breakthrough discoveries, increase productivity, and ultimately change the world. The M&SA EM business designs, manufactures, and supports the broadest range of high-performance microscopy workflows that provide images and answers in the micro-, nano-, and picometer scales.
Combining hardware and software expertise in electron, ion, and light microscopy with deep application knowledge in the materials science, life sciences, electronics, and natural resources markets, the worldwide Electron Microscopy employees are dedicated to customers' pursuit of discovery and resolution to global challenges.
- Conduct on-site installation of complex equipment and follow testing procedures to ensure proper working order
- Conduct on-site scheduled planned maintenance visits
- Provide troubleshooting and repair support for customers and other field service personnel
- Cultivate and develop positive working relationships with customers, system users and company personnel
- Travel, often on short notice, to customer sites to resolve problems or support other field service personnel
- Complete and submit field service reports
- Provide training for customers and users on system maintenance
- Provide feedback to product quality teams
- Provide appropriate input in writing updating and correcting various Thermo Fisher system documentation
- Provide input for various reports including identifying and isolating unique problems with system
- Act as a subject expert and resource for training
- workweek rotation to cover weekends
This position is ideal for an experienced service engineer wanting to be involved with a dynamic team and exposed to a constant variety of customer application areas.
- Typically requires a University degree or equivalent education and experience in electronic system troubleshooting
- Typically requires approximately 1-3 years hands on technical experience installing, troubleshooting, repairing and calibrating complex analysis tools such as SEM, TEM, FIB or similar systems.
- Must have a thorough understanding and extensive experience troubleshooting and repairing ultra-high vacuum and high voltage systems.
- Ability to deal effectively with customers
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills; must have a professional working proficiency in English
- Proven ability to troubleshooting complex systems and subsystems down to component level
- Literate in MS DOS and Windows software environments
- Able to read and interpret schematics
- Familiar with UHV phenomenon and technology
- Must have ability to obtain a valid passport and travel regionally and internationally as required
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82512970
Apply on company website