When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Greenville, NC / Pharma Services Group
How you will make an impact
Provides technical engineering support and expertise to Production, Laboratory, and Maintenance required for production process changes in support of new and existing equipment/processes in a Sterile Manufacturing facility. Includes assistance to Tech Transfer Scientists on customer technical transfers, modifications to existing processes or adding new processes that will improve process safety, reduce plant operational costs as well as improve product quality and efficiency. Provides expertise in diagnosing and correcting major operational problems as needed.
What you will do
- Evaluates customer bid proposals with project engineering and develops process flow diagrams, establish technical fit into existing facilities & equipment, identify process, facility and safety gaps with cost effective technical solutions, implementation timing with assumptions, and alternative to be considered.
- Develops and makes recommendations for new process designs and/or modifications for assigned areas to ensure maximum operating efficiency, return on investment, safety, and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Prepares process flow sheets, energy balances, material balances, etc., in order to provide sufficient information for Project Engineering to prepare detailed specifications for cost estimates and construction.
- Provides daily process engineering support to Production on operating problems and to maintenance/plant engineering on equipment performance and materials problems.
- Provides technical recommendations to permit plant operation within state and federal government regulatory requirements (FDA, EMEA, OSHA, EPA, IBC, etc.).
- Provides technical support to departments outside Production.
- Reviews all process designs and modifications for safety implications and requirements. Promotes a safe work environment for self, employees, and other personnel to reduce personnel and environmental health and safety (EH&S) risks.
How you will get here
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or physical science is preferred. Minimum of High School Diploma/GED required
- 1-3 years of experience in Pharmaceutical Process Engineering and a working knowledge of chemical engineering, reliability engineering, instrumentation and/or general maintenance is highly preferred.
- Equivalent combinations of education, training, and 3-5 years of relevant work experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to quickly translate process requirements into existing facilities with very little information requiring reasonable assumptions to develop investment and timing estimates to support customer bid proposals. Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills are all essential as this individual communicates highly technical information and non-technical information to various levels of personnel throughout production, support areas and customers. Must be creative and possess a high degree of personal motivation and result orientation. He/She must have a sound technical approach to problem solving with a high level of learning ability, plus excellent planning and organization skills. Must be able to learn and exhibit a thorough knowledge of the processes which he/she is assigned and ability to quickly learn new customer technical transfer products. Must be capable of managing multiple projects and leading cross functional teams to meet project milestones. Must be able to read and interpret P/ID schematics and Building process blueprints.
Due to sensitive proprietary information encountered, this individual must be able to keep this information confidential. Must be proficient with computer software packages, including Microsoft Windows based applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Project, Internet Explorer, etc.) as these packages are used routinely.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82513011
Apply on company website