When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of more than $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
Within the Chromatography & Mass Spectrometry Division, we provide analytical solutions for biopharma, environmental, and food safety. We service academic research, biopharma, clinical translation, environmental, food & beverage, forensics, life sciences, pharma. Our core technologies includes: universal HPIC systems, clinical & toxicology: research to routine and glycomic workflow solutions.
This position can be located in the WEST COAST ONLY - CA, OR or WA. No relocation will be provided.
How will you make an impact?
This opening is for a highly experienced and self-motivated individual to support state-of-the-art LCMS instrumentation as a Field Application Scientist. As a member of the Thermo Fisher Scientific North America Center of Excellence, the candidate will work within a multi-disciplinary matrix team that includes regional sales representatives, marketing and service professionals, product development scientists, and engineers. Primary responsibilities will be to provide post-sales support of recently installed Orbitrap systems in the Analytical Sciences markets, with an emphasis on quantitative and qualitative small molecule analysis in clinical, environmental, and food & beverage laboratories. The support will be at customer sites (within North America) and focus on rapidly jump-starting customers for future success. Technical sales support for the North American Life Science Mass Spectrometry Sales team will include seminars, trade show support, customer training and pre- and post-sales visits.
What will you do?
- Provide post-sales technical and application assistance in response to customer inquiries (both internal and external), including education, training, and on-site visits.
- Assist in the development of training and educational materials.
- Build new customer advocates from newly completed sales.
- Assist with customer demonstrations as appropriate.
- Prepare and present technical seminars to existing and potential customers, either as part of the sales process or at organized events.
- Deepen and broaden Thermo Fisher Scientific's customer relationships with key scientific and educational leaders.
- Assist in developing educational content for company hosted websites, videos, seminars, applications reports, etc.
How will you get here?
- Minimum requirements is 5+ years of experience with a Master's degree or 2+ years of experience with a PhD in a relevant field of study.
- 3+ years hands-on LC-MS experience is required.
- A strong understanding of small molecule LC-MS workflows in clinical, environmental, or food & beverage applications and associated informatics is required.
- Experience with a broad range of LC-MS instrumentation for qualitative and quantitative small molecule analysis is required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- A proven track record of analytical and problem-solving skills must be demonstrated.
- The ability to work independently with little supervision and a strong work ethic is critical.
- Ability to travel up to 70% within North America will be required.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82512948
Apply on company website