Unity Lab Services, a part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, provides integrated solutions, instrument, and enterprise services to our customers. The Engineer III Field Service Engineer is responsible for managing all aspects of field service support and customer relationship management including but not limited to: installation, repair, preventative maintenance, and instrument qualification. The Engineer III Field Service Engineer will be customer oriented, an advocate for Thermo Fisher Scientific, and eager to drive growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform on-site installation, repair, preventative maintenance, and qualification of instrumentation
- Must be client-focused, working in conjunction with Professional Services and outsourcing functions.
- Must be proficient with the use of customer management software to track service calls, manage parts inventories, and complete job tasks.
- Reviews reports and documentation from customers, and inspects malfunctioning product to determine nature and scope of problem.
- Analyzes review and inspection findings to determine source of problem, and recommends repair, replacement, or other corrective action.
- Coordinates problem resolution with engineering, customer service, and other personnel to expedite repairs.
- Analyzes instrument generated chemistry and performance reports of technical issues to recommend factory modifications that eliminate future events of the same issue.
- Provides a communication link between the customer and the company to help ensure that effective service is provided to the customer.
- Develops and conducts training on the safe operations of the equipment and demonstrates skills to trainees, including both team members and customers (Chemists).
- Show and demonstrate progression in training and certification for advanced products.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Sciences or related field preferred
- 3-5 years hands-on experience as a Service Engineer is preferred, particularly working with analytical instrumentation
- Hands-on experience with Gas Chromatography, Liquid Chromatography, Ion Chromatography, Mass Spectrometry instrumentation (GC, HPLC, IC, MS) preferred
- Effective communication skills and establishing good customer rapport are essential
- Ability to prioritize service requests and produce clear and concise documentation
Physical Work Requirements:
- Must be available to travel on a daily basis, and up to 50% overnight
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to work overtime
- Must have a valid driver's license
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82512937
Apply on company website