When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping Life Science customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
As a Field Service Engineer (FSE) you will perform customer installs, repairs and preventative maintenance on a variety of ThermoFisher Scientific instrumentation in assigned territory. The FSE positively interacts with customers to solve technical problems and identify areas to improve their work. The FSE also looks for opportunities to increase revenue by providing additional services to the customer. Incumbent must be located within the territory/region with a strong preference for Rochester, St Paul or Minneapolis, MN as a base.
What will you do?
- Provides onsite installation of instruments, upgrades, updates, repairs, and planned maintenance service.
- Displays professionalism, understanding, tact, fairness, and technical knowledge in all customer interactions.
- Achieves specified revenue targets while satisfying customer from instrument repair, installs and PM's.
- Achieves customer satisfaction (CAS) targets as specified annually.
- Interacts with customers to offer and close the sale of service contracts and other service products.
- Collaborates with internal partners to resolve customer issues and improve processes.
- Follows all reporting responsibilities of Remote Service Dispatch (RSD), Escalation, Field Problem Report (FPR) and Field Service Report (FSR) submissions.
- Is familiar with and follow policies that pertain to the handling of spare parts: ordering, usage, returns, physical count, car stock management, etc.
- Executes Qualification & Validation Products at customer sites.
- Maintains their technical competency level servicing new instrument and problems by attending trainings, staff meetings and remaining up to speed on new products, markets, customers and competitors.
- Manages travel expenses and follows Thermo Fisher Scientific travel policies and guidelines.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
How will you get here?
Requires a bachelor's degree in biomedical engineering, microbiology, biology, chemistry, or an engineering field.
Masters level degree preferred
- Experience in a related life sciences, biomedical engineering and/or customer-facing role.
- Experience in a clinical, diagnostic and/or other regulated environment (CAP, CLIA, FDA) preferred
- Experience working with Next Generation Sequencing, Capillary Electrophoresis, Microscopy and Real Time PCR instruments or applications a plus.
- Note: Current position is not for GC or LC-MS
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Uses effective questioning to identify customer needs
- Exercises judgment setting work priorities and identifies next steps
- Requires minimal oversight
- Participates as a positive influence to the team
- Quickly adapts to change with positive and constructive feedback
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Aptitude for learning and understanding IT systems and processes a plus
Frequent travel to customer sites could be required and ranges from 30-40% of work time. Works in both home office as well as in a laboratory environment. Willingness to fly and cover a large territory. Is required to lift up to 40 lbs. May be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties. Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website