When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The Financial Analyst II will be a key contributor to the FP&A team, supporting both Division level and Business level initiatives to help drive growth. The role will partner and directly support Division Leadership as well as Commercial Leadership. This position offers the right candidate an opportunity to join a growing and dynamic Division and provides a significant opportunity for career development and growth.
Responsible for the development of Business Intelligence (BI) solutions, the creation of data visualization tools, assisting the Division in the automation of reports, the enhancement of data collection and the optimization of analytics processes. Using Excel, SQL, Tableau, & Power BI (R/Python programming a plus).
Specific activities include:
- Dashboard/report design, development, & rollout
- Implementation of new data analysis methodologies
- Database/Server maintenance, including automated report schedules & data collection
- Partner with IT/Financial Systems in validation of various Data Marts
- Perform Customer analytics and financial modeling
- Complete analytics around revenue trends, market changes, and performance
- Perform special projects and ad-hoc root cause analytics as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business, Business Intelligence or related field
- Excel, SQL, Tableau, & Power BI. R/Python programming a plus
- 0-3 years of business analysis experience in a matrix organization and/or corporate environment. Experience working in global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows is strongly desired
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), as well as the ability to apply influential and negotiation skills while working across multiple levels, functions and regions within the organization is required to be successful in this position
- Attention to detail and consistently delivering high quality work. Ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize projects. Ability to learn quickly, establish credibility and influence others
- Self-motivated, ability to succeed in ambiguous environment
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website