Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $30 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 80,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
The Regional Key Account Manager owns the relationship in DACH across the Microbiology Division and he/she is responsible for driving negotiations, as well as delivering revenue quotas on a Pan-European and in some cases on a Global scale. He/she will create the overall account strategy, and interface with the countries/regions including Thermo Fisher Corporate Accounts Team to create the Key Account strategy. He/she will develop relationships at the senior level within assigned Key Accounts and within Thermo Fisher Scientific to plan and execute an account strategy designed to maximize capture of share of spend and partner at the highest levels with the customer, to drive profitable growth and exceed AOP.
Regional Key Accounts are in the clinical, pharmaceutical, and food manufacturers/contract testing sectors and are assigned from the range of Key Accounts managed by the Microbiology Division on a Pan-European or Global basis.
The Regional Key Account Manager will not have any direct reports, but will lead virtual teams, designed to manage these complex business arrangements.
The Regional Key Account Manager is accountable for writing an annual sales plan for all assigned customers based on the overall strategy who will build, maintain and grow opportunity pipeline within assigned accounts, whilst effectively managing the sales process and successful utilization of sales tools/systems and methodologies.
In order to achieve the sales target for assigned key accounts, growth is attained organically as the market expands, from achieving a greater share of the customers' wallet, or by successfully launching new products. Sales campaigns will be organized for all of these activities, recognizing that a different sales process operates for each task.
A key requirement of the role will be to coordinate key account activity across a number of stakeholders in the business. Key account business is negotiated with company buyers usually across a number of territories. A coordinated technical sales approach will also be implemented either directly by the Regional Key Account Manager or through the responsible Representatives from the Microbiology sales organizations.
Communication and reporting must be effective and streamlined, monthly reporting will be via an agreed account plan and SAP CRM. All activities and opportunities must be recorded.
The Microbiology Division and Thermo Fisher Scientific have a very strong market image; as one of the first faces of the company it is the task of the Regional Key Account Manager is to uphold and enhance the brand at every opportunity.
Key stakeholders and levels of interaction for this role will include
- Local Sales Leaders/Account Managers across MBD and Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Key Account Senior Purchasing, Technical/Scientific, Laboratory Managers
- Key Account C-Suite and Lab Directors
- Other managers in the Microbiology business; finance, sales, customer service, marketing
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Corporate Account Managers, Fisher Scientific Industry Directors
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years proven sales experience and track record of over delivery and strong business acumen
- Strong account management experience with track record of success including sales management and customer focus value based sales
- Proven ability in managing large multi geographical tenders and implementation
- Graduate or equivalent in Microbiology, Biomedical Science, or Biological Science
- Understanding of microbiological laboratory processes and methods and regulations in the industry
- Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with a wide range of employees with different skill sets whilst promoting teamwork
Non-negotiable Hiring criteria
- A full current driving license
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- A strong team player with proven ability to coordinate and influence actions across a virtual team
- Understanding of international business, good business English. Additional languages would be welcome but not essential
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Travel requirement for this role is >50%
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/83958594
Apply on company website