When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
This is a 3rd Shift role, Tuesday-Saturday, 10:30pm-7:00am.
How will you make an impact?
This position requires good communication and the ability to work autonomously with a focus on safety. Effectiveness in this role also requires some knowledge of shipping, receiving, and inventory control procedures as well as the ability to understand and interpret team metrics. The job encounters recurring work situations of a routine nature where the ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position; errors in work could cause delays in schedules. This position requires the individual to be ready to start work any shift on-time and maintain strong attendance performance. This position normally receives general instruction on routine work and detailed instruction on new assignments. The material handler will work in a warehouse environment under various temperatures including room temperature (59–86 degrees F), cold-room (36-46 degrees F), and/or freezer-room (minus 4 – 23 degrees F). This position is expected to routinely and safely operate Powered Industrial Equipment to move material & also data entry into inventory management systems.
What will you do?
- Receives materials and/or finished goods on a daily basis.
- Verifies the quantity, type and amount of materials received are correct and that the appropriate documentation is present (e.g. packing list).
- Examines, sorts, arranges, counts, stores, picks, and packs items for storage and/or shipment in accordance with established procedures and customer requirements.
- Operates material handling equipment (e.g. fork truck, pallet jack, dock lever, etc.).
- Prepares and ships materials and/or finished goods in a timely manner according to customer requirements.
- Train new team members the Warehouse Standard Operating Procedures / Work instructions / or Policies and procedures.
- Lifts up to 40 lbs on a regular basis.
- Routinely pushes and pulls pallets of materials in a warehouse environment.
- Regularly climbs and reaches.
- Satisfactorily completes training requirements and operate within all ISO standards pertaining to site Distribution including, but not limited to, Control of Documents and Quality Policy.
- Work required overtime based on business needs
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
How will you get here?
Minimum of a High School Diploma/GED is required
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a warehouse/material handling environment preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience using an ERP System; E1 preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Functional knowledge of shipping, receiving, and inventory control procedures is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently preferred.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
Works in a warehouse environment; is required to lift up to 40 lbs. and may be required to stand for long periods of time while performing duties. Must be able to work safely with materials and equipment.
What Thermo Fisher Offers to Employees:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits effective on first day of employment
- Paid Time Off – Eligible to accrue up to 3 weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO), pro-rated based on start date
- Paid Holidays
- 401(K) Retirement Plan – Company Matching Contribution up to 6%
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $22 billion and approximately 75,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82400121
Apply on company website