Job Title: Network Engineer II
When you are part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
This position will be part of the Global Network team within Secure Technology and Operations and it will be located in our Budapest CoE. For more information on Our Budapest IT Centre of Excellence please click on the below link:
How will you make an impact?
This role will focus on engineering reliability, performance, monitoring, automation, configuring and maintaining existing network components, implement network upgrades, handling incidents, change requests & report on the reliability of the network.
What will you do?
- Responsible for supporting and optimizing a large scale, complex, high performance network, across our global footprint
- Research and provide both business and technical solutions based on and related to customer needs and specifications and deploy them into our production infrastructure.
- Monitor, test, analyze and evaluate the existing network environment and optimize it based on resiliency, technological advancements and cost.
- Provide network engineering support of enterprise network devices and services. Mainly comprising of Routers, Switches, Firewalls, VPNs, Load Balancers, SD-WAN, Cloud Connect and Network Management Solutions across LAN/WAN
- Drive quality into the metrics we report, including measurement of issues, network capacity, vendor equipment/failures analysis and network performance, as well as continual assessment of the quality and effectiveness of network monitoring and alerting.
- Provide lead support as an escalation for lower support groups; Provide guidance and direction to lower level engineers and engage external vendor support as required.
- Responsible for documenting system maintenance, enhancements and performance for effective network operations and management
- Participating in the on-call rotation with other members of the team to ensure support coverage for the global enterprise network.
How will you get here?
- Combined minimum of 5 years BA/BS education and/or work experience in network engineering & operations.
- 3 - 5 years' experience in managing engineering & operations.
- Experience with Cisco, Arista, Fortinet & F5 products and services.
- Good knowledge of Networking and Security standards.
- Good knowledge of IT general practices and methods with specialized knowledge in multiple technical disciplines such as, cloud, telecommunications, network & automation.
- Working knowledge of SD-WAN management & troubleshooting.
- Understanding and experience of cloud computing specifically relating to networks, including AWS, Azure and GCS.
Tool & Technology Skills
- Telco: WAN connectivity, LAN connectivity, Fixed Wireless, Colocation services, MMH, SMH, POPs, POTS,4G LTE, Dark fiber, T1, MLPP, DS3, OC, FE.
- OSS/BSS: Service Now, Jira, TEM systems.
- Network: SD-WAN, MPLS, OSPF, BGP, VPN, Firewalls, IPSec, Router, Switch, CPE, CO, Load Balancer.
- Product: Cisco, Fortinet, Palo Alto, F5, Silver Peak/Velo Cloud, Arista.
- Automation: Ansible, Python or domain specific automation platforms
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, good customer service skills, and a proven ability to work with various teams.
- Must have strong troubleshooting skills related to firewall and Load balancers.
- Be a self-motivated, highly ethical individual with a demonstrated ability to work as independently as well as with a team.
- Develop, plan, direct and control strategic short- and long-term operational objectives
- Develop relationships with our clients, engineering, and peer management teams, and effectively navigate across the organization
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82423878
Apply on company website