Location/Division Specific Information
This role will be supporting the Laboratory Analytical Reagents business in North America, specifically supporting the Specialized Chemical Service (SCS) business. This position can be based remotely in the US, but will be tied to the Fair Lawn and Bridgewater, NJ, sites.
How will you make an impact?
As the North America Customer Solutions Advisor, you will become the trusted advisor to our strategic customers on their analytical reagent Specialized Chemical Service (SCS) requirements. You will leverage your analytical Chemistry background to gain the confidence and trust of our key customer stakeholders that you can support them with their specialized Analytical Chemistry needs. Combined with your holistic and solutions-based approach, you will develop in partnership with our customers project proposals aligned to match their exact requirements. By understanding our customers chemistry, business needs and strategic objectives you will develop strong long-term relationships that will truly leverage SCS as a ‘tip of the spear' business development tool to drive profitable LCD growth in strategic markets & customer types.
What will you do?
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with our strategic customers to build and maintain long term partnership-based relationships.
- Leverage your extensive chemistry experience and knowledge to translate customer needs and requirements into viable SCS project proposals and solutions.
- Act as a conduit between our customers, our manufacturing sites and cross functional teams to ensure feasibility of projects and alignment with site capacity and capabilities, as well as to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our products and solutions.
- Develop and articulate accurate and robust project costings and investment needs to the LAR SCS NA Manager.
- Operate as lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to an existing or potential new SCS project or customer.
- Be the ‘connector' within the large matrix between our customer, commercial, operations, supply chain and the wider SCS team.
- Anticipate, react, and escalate potential barriers and challenges to delivering an exceptional experience to our customers.
- Learn and apply experience gained with specific customers and projects to refine and drive improvements in processes and approaches to subsequent customer interactions and project opportunities.
- Exhibit courage to hold SCS and cross functional team members accountable for agreed upon tasks, respectfully.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or Life Science related discipline.
- MBA and/or Master's or Ph.D. in Life Sciences preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of Product Management, Sales, or Business Management or similar relevant experience.
- Strong business acumen and customer centric mindset.
- Excellent skills in communication, prioritization, problem solving, and process improvement.
- Prior chemical plant experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong customer focus with a demonstrated track record of successful customer interactions.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills (PowerPoint and Excel expertise).
- Self-motivated with a track record in executing both short- and long-term plans.
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix management structure and partner seamlessly within the organization.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships cross functionally.
- Able to act in a relatively autonomous capacity and address problems of diverse scope and high complexity.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to travel up to 15%, including international travel to sites in other global regions.
Apply on company website