Monday to Friday 2PM to 10:30 PM
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
How will you make an impact?
The Manufacturing Technician II, POROS Manufacturing is responsible for production of POROS chromatography resin and providing assistance to maintenance, and distribution as needed. He/She will encounter recurring work situations with minimal complexity and is expected to be a proactive member of the team. He/She will work on assignments with guidance of senior members of the team.
What will you do?
- Perform duties within the corporate EH&S Standards and place proper emphasis on safety and quality.
- Operate various process equipment including reactors, pressure filters, pumps, filling, labeling and packaging equipment according to written SOP's and UOP's in a large scale, chemical batch manufacturing process.
- Performs and trains new employees on various activities in accordance with SOP and UOP's to carry out unit operations such as the following: equipment changeovers with Lock Out Tag Out and Confined space protocols, Elutriation processes and finished product discharges, R-Bead polymerization processes, Bead Coating processes,
- Maintain batch and equipment records per department's ISO13485 standards and Good Documentation practices with a high focus on quality.
- Work with the team on 5S and continuous improvement activities within the work center including cleaning activities in areas as needed.
How will you get here?
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1 year of chemical or biotech manufacturing experience and knowledge of computer applications is required.
- Experience in cGMP Environment, use of Delta V, and/or SAP is desirable.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills are required to be effective in this role.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to interpret data, perform basic calculations, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to stand for 80% of the shift, move ~40 lbs up one flight of stairs, and push 55 gallon drums on wheeled dollies.
- Ability to wear all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including work uniform, steel toe shoes, hair net, safety glasses, bump cap, and nitrile gloves. PPE may also include face shield, respirator, and smock.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82527920
Apply on company website