When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do meaningful work, that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join 90,000 colleagues who bring our Mission to life each day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. You'll find the resources here to achieve your career goals and help take science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world's toughest challenges, like protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe or helping find cures for cancer.
The Portfolio Manager owns the development and growth of product lines and assigned categories within the science education and research markets. This position will handle day-to-day product management activities, improve profitability of individual product lines and categories, and identify portfolio expansion projects to increase share of wallet opportunities. The Portfolio Manager also contributes to multiple product marketing activities including trade show support and strategy, development and delivery of customer-facing and internal product training, and catalog and product page support.
How will you make an impact?
This role partners with cross-functional teams and external suppliers to ensure product line success and customer happiness. The ideal candidate possesses a strong scientific background, general intuition for business, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
What will you do?
- Cultivate relationships with existing suppliers and continually seek new supplier relationships.
- Help define overall product strategy, product requirements, and product roadmap using market research and gap analysis.
- Work independently to develop and achieve goals in line with category strategy.
- Collect, analyze, and communicate technical, financial, marketing and sales data for product lines, as needed.
- Prepare product development objectives and schedules, and supervise progress through product life cycle.
- Participate in marketing projects including development of annual catalog, biannual magazine, marketing campaigns, internal and external product workshops, and tradeshow booth strategy.
- Conduct annual pricing activities and maintain product updates throughout the year
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's degree in science, business, or marketing, or equivalent work experience.
- Two years of experience in marketing, sales, or business in a science field or secondary science education. An equivalent combination of education, experience, and/or licensure/certification is also acceptable
- Life science, science education, or other technical background preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent communication skills - oral, written, and presentation
- Firm grasp of financial drivers, financial analysis, profitability, revenue/GP
- Motivated self-starter with strong organizational skills capable of prioritizing multiple tasks at once and working with cross-functional teams
- Extensive PC skills including MS Office, Access, Excel and Cognos knowledge preferred
- Proficient at problem solving with strong attention to detail
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 90,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
*This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.
Apply on company website