To drive continuous improvement on a daily basis in conjunction with leading strategic thinking across a
cGMP manufacturing and distribution facility.
Flexible and adaptable to work and engage with a variety of functions
and teams across the organization and strive to be viewed as a role model in terms of their behaviors and interactions not only within their team but across the whole operation.
ThermoFisher is a very forward thinking company and as such this role requires an individual who
embraces change and who can effectively lead multiple functions at the site through challenging change
A strong customer focus is essential and a key objective of this role will be to enhance the customer
experience improve quality while driving productivity.
Responsibilities:•Provide support to develop lean expertise and capability within the organization •Drives lean thinking to create enterprise level value stream management across both operations and non-operations functions •Lead and facilitate training in LEAN and PPI (Practical Process Improvement )Principles for the organization by implementing standard process improvement tools for both non-operations and operations departments. •Leads a re-invigoration of the 5S system at the site across operations functions. •Analize highly complex processes and partners with key business stakeholders to identify opportunities, present ideas, and make recommendations based upon analysis to further business goals. •Lead/work with functional teams to implement and streamline processes to improve the customer experience, enable profitable growth and become more efficient. •Insightfully cultivate an action-biased culture of continuous improvement to improve KPIs, in the areas of safety ,customer, finance, people and quality •Improve the decision-making model and problem solving capabilities within high performance teams to increase autonomy and the pace of change •Work with the expanded team to develop/promote/standardize the PPI Business System further •Proactively interface with internal customers and peers to drive continuous improvement initiatives, using Lean and Six Sigma principles
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, operations or business preferred, High School/GED required
- Experience in the following tools is preferred:
- Value stream mapping, visual management/5S, Kanban, standard work, metric boards, gemba, stand-up meetings and project funnel development.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office suite; Word, Excel, Project, Visio, Outlook and Powerpoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to connect with and positively influence all levels of the organization
- A holistic thinker who can look company-wide to integrate and streamline systems for optimal benefit.
- Catalyst to drive continuous improvement in both non-operational and operational areas, including connecting the cross-functional resources to remove waste along the extended value streams.
- Self-Starter and independent
- Passion and enthusiasm for driving improvement and leading change
- Proven track record for developing, training, and coaching teams
- Great communicator, including solid written, oral and presentation-giving skills.
- Excellent Financial Acumen
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82136702
Apply on company website