Monza site is a world class contract manufacturing and development facility, specialized in aseptic injectable drugs, with an increasing focus on biologics. Joining a global team and more than 1000 colleagues on site, the selected candidate will experience a smart, international, and fast-growing environment. With revenues of more than $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
What you will do
You will join a newly-established Process Engineering Team, to provide technical engineering support and expertise to Production, Maintenance and Technology Transfer, to meet Client's requests.
In this role you will lead client's projects from a technical standpoint, assisting Technology Transfer Scientists on customer technical transfers, modifications to existing processes or adding new processes that will improve process safety, reduce plant operational costs as well as improve product quality and efficiency. Working with state-of-the-art equipment, your technical support will be instrumental in manufacturing new life-saving sterile drugs.
A hands-on, goal-driven attitude will be key in exceeding client's expectations, and the ability to “think out of the box”, coupled with a strong technical mindset, will help you in troubleshooting and finding new solutions to problems.
- Evaluates customer bid proposals with project managers and develops process flow diagrams, establish technical fit into existing facilities & equipment, identify process, facility and safety gaps with cost effective technical solutions, implementation timing with assumptions, and alternative to be considered.
- Develops and makes recommendations for new process designs and/or modifications for assigned areas to ensure maximum operating efficiency, return on investment, safety, and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Prepares process flow sheets, energy balances, material balances, etc., in order to provide sufficient information for Project Engineering to prepare detailed specifications for cost estimates and construction.
- Provides daily process engineering support to Production on operating problems and to maintenance/plant engineering on equipment performance and materials problems.
- Provides technical recommendations to permit plant operation within regulatory requirements (FDA, EMEA, OSHA, EPA, IBC, etc.).
- Provides technical support to departments outside Production.
- Reviews all process designs and modifications for safety implications and requirements. Promotes a safe work environment for self, employees, and other personnel to reduce personnel and environmental health and safety (EH&S) risks.
- BA or MS in Chemical Engineering / Process Engineering or similar fields
- Experience with manufacturing process and equipment, preferably with liquid and lyophilized sterile injectables drugs
- Strong technical mindset and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills and ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams
- Fluent English and Italian
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/73743398
Apply on company website