Job Title: Process Technician, Manufacturing
Job Profile Title: Process Technician 4, Manufacturing
Reports To: Supervisor, Manufacturing
Job Track: Associate
Job Family: Operations
Job Sub-Family: Manufacturing - Operators
Job Band: 04
Location: Middletown, Virginia
No. of Direct Reports: 0
Day/Shift: 1st shift 0500am - 3:30pm M-F and weekend as
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Ability to fully operate automated equipment on the production line.
- Assemble and disassemble Filling and Packing equipment
- Clean Filling and Packing components
- Inspect components for damage or wear
- Troubleshoot machine issues
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace
- Train operators on Set-up processes
- Backfill operator vacancies as required
- Must be able to work varying shifts to include possible nights and weekends as needed
- Works alone or with other technicians to perform filling, labeling and/or packaging of products
- Comply with GMP, ISO 13485 guidelines and company SOPs
- Must be able to comprehend production paperwork up to and including product reconciliation, label reconciliation, labor sheets, product fill checks, torque checks, etc.
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, machines, glassware, or equipment as needed or directed, if required in work area.
- Operates and/or monitors production equipment and makes necessary adjustments to ensure smooth operations and high-quality results, if required in work area.
- Must be able to interface and communicate effectively with work groups to ensure completion of tasks and projects.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED certificate required
- Completion of a technical certificate program or on-the-job training highly preferred
- Experience with hand and power tools
- Forklift experience a plus
- Technical skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to perform the duties of this job by regularly being required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; talk and hear; and smell.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to sit for extended period of time depending on the nature of the work.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employee to employ traditional lifting techniques for materials up to 75 lbs. Items over 75 lbs will require the employee to use nontraditional techniques including, push-pull method, automated lifts and other equipment or additional techniques. Employee will be trained in these techniques upon employment.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to be frequently exposed to wet conditions and work in extreme cold.
- Frequently exposed to strong and sometimes disagreeable odors and occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Ability to occasionally work near moving mechanical parts.
- Ability to work in a moderate noise level.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and react appropriately to changing priorities and impending deadlines.
- Knowledge of GMP, FDA, ISO Regulations for diagnostics manufacturing preferred.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $37 billion and 85,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Our four premier brands – Life Technologies, Thermo Scientific, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Apply on company website