Product Management Specialist
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, and you'll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you'll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
The Product Management Specialist will work collaboratively with other product managers and key functional stakeholders across Thermo Fisher Scientific organization to support product lifecycle management. The role is responsible for product change control coordination and driving innovative solutions to customer issues and supporting product management activities for growth and profitability. Our growing product portfolio includes single use equipment, automation, and consumables used in Bioproduction.
Location: Logan UT or Bay Area CA
What will you do?
Product Planning and New Product Introductions
• Learn our product commercialization process and support NPI deliverables.
• Coordinate activities with cross-functional teams with R&D, operations, marketing, legal, commercial groups and external partners.
• Ability to develop and provide basic training to regional teams on change notifications and other announcements as required.
Product Life Cycle Management
• Participate in change control board and coordinate product management activities for the team.
• Participate in product end of life discussions and help manage changes effectively.
• Maintain close relationships with field organization (e.g., sales and technical support) through training and active participation in customer support activities.
• Design metrics to track change status and help prioritize change implementation.
How will you get here?
• BS degree in Science or Engineering field is required.
• MBA preferred.
• 1 – 3 years' experience in product management, R&D, field applications, or marketing preferred.
• 3+ years of industry experience is desired.
• Experience with product life-cycle management and stage-gate processes will be preferred.
• Experience with single use equipment (bioreactors, mixers etc.) and consumables (bio-process containers, fluid transfer assemblies etc.) will be valued.
• Experience working in a highly matrixed organization.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Global mindset, excellent communication and presentation skills, including strong active listening skills.
• Requires excellent organization, project management, and written/verbal communication skills.
• Results oriented and the ability to think critically to overcome potential business hurdles to complete tasks.
• Ability to gain technical understanding of product portfolio including the customer workflow and quality, and regulatory requirements.
• Working knowledge of SalesForce and ERP / PLM programs.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Products: PowerPoint, Excel, PowerBI
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 90,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website