When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
This position is located within the Genetic Testing Solutions Group part of the Genetic Sciences Division at Thermo Fisher.
How will you make an impact?
You manage a portfolio of products that provide valuable growth for the Clinical Business Unit in the Genetic Testing Solutions (GTS) Group of Thermo Fisher Scientific. You will be accountable for the overall product health of a growing portfolio of software and instrument products for clinical applications while acting as the liaison between business functions including Manufacturing, Quality, Regulatory, Clinical, Market Development, R&D, Finance, Program Management to drive product growth and serve customers globally. A key member of the Clinical Product Management organization, you will be responsible for driving and implementing programs to support product adoption, improve financial performance, and reduce risk.
What will you do?
- Develop and implement business strategy for software and instrument portfolio
- Manage product lifecycle, setting organizational cadence for retirement, refresh or enhancement of existing products in alignment with the Clinical Business Unit strategy
- Establish KPI's and proactively monitor product uptake in the market and the overall health of the product portfolio
- Develop and track multi-year product health plan for the product family
- Use strategic thinking, market knowledge and financial justification to prioritize initiatives to improve product portfolio, reduce risk and meet financial goals in alignment with product health needs
- Drive awareness of issues and opportunities to improve product health and become an advocate for product improvements
- Drive organizational alignment by providing cross functional leadership between business partners to support product objectives
- Represents Product Management in Business Unit and Sustaining operating mechanisms
- Analyze, quality, manufacturing and post-market data and report out to senior management or other business partners about overall product health
- Develop deep understands clinical customer needs and segments, competitive landscape and regulatory processes
How will you get here?
- Bachelor's degree required
- MBA preferred
- 2-3 years' experience in Product Management
- Experience working in the healthcare industry and proven understanding of regulatory processes
- Experience in software and instrument product development process
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Detail oriented, analytical, and data driven
- Comfortable with making decisions with some level of uncertainty
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, optimism and a “can do” attitude
- Ability to influence and build relationships across different business functions and business units
- Passionate about challenges, problem solving, and learning new things
- Is customer-centric and keenly aware of markets, trends, and competitors
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are required
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 90,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website