When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, and you'll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you'll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
This position is located within the Customer Channels Group within the Healthcare Market Division within the HMD Executive business unit.
This position is based in Houston, TX or Pittsburgh, PA with consideration for remote employees.
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.
How will you make an impact?
You will be responsible for managing a defined product portfolio and supporting market analysis, planning, and commercial strategy. Key success metrics of this position are revenue growth, portfolio profitability and new product/supplier introductions. You will be responsible for developing and implementing product promotion strategies to accelerate the growth of the Healthcare Market Division (HMD). You will be responsible for developing and coordinating new product launches and marketing campaigns with suppliers to include effective promotional sales tools and collateral.
What will you do?
- Own all facets of supplier activities to ensure compliance with company practices and business objectives
- Perform regular key supplier Business Reviews and cultivate lasting business relationships
- Identify mutual goals, implement performance metrics and negotiate with new/existing suppliers to maximize revenue for HMD and the supplier
- Deploy direct strategies to identify and source new suppliers and products (i.e. attend industry conferences to engage suppliers of new technologies to be brought to market)
- Work closely with Business Development and Legal to negotiate favorable commercial terms and conditions with new suppliers
- Develop and coordinate new product launches and marketing promotions with suppliers, including the development of effective sales tools/collateral to be leveraged by commercial sales teams in front of customers
- Maintain cross-functional relationships with internal departments including; Finance, Supply Chain, Sales, Purchasing, Marketing Communications, Quality Assurance, Regulatory, Legal, Product Administration, and other Thermo Fisher Scientific divisions
- Work closely with Research and Safety Division (RSD) colleagues to sell Thermo Fisher Scientific solutions
- Develop programs to foster relationships between HMD and supplier commercial sales teams, encouraging alignment in business objectives
- Cooperate with Learning and Development on training opportunities (i.e. New Hire Training) for all key suppliers/products in the portfolio
- Provide commercial team with sales and technical support in order to identify/address market and product challenges and/or opportunities.
- Augment pricing and positioning strategies within the portfolio to ensure profitable growth.
- Collaborate with Regulatory and Quality functions to ensure products are compliant with all relevant regulatory and quality requirements
- Obtain funding commitments from suppliers for participation in various sales and marketing programs such as the National Sales Meeting, District Meetings and the Strategic Supplier Program
- Implement marketing programs intended to drive profitable revenue growth, achieve AOP objectives and contribute to EBITA
How will you get here?
- BA/BS with major/minor in sciences/business required
- MBA or graduate degree preferred
- 3-7 years' experience in strategic sourcing, product management or related field preferred
- Experience with sales, marketing or other commercial functional areas preferred
- Knowledge of clinical laboratory products and applications, actual working laboratory experience or understanding of customer requirements in laboratory products preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 20-25% domestic travel
- Self-starter with the ability to execute plans with minimal supervision
- Data analysis skills
- Confidence and poise to negotiate and manage a relationship with Director and Vice President level supplier partners independently
- Ability to develop/implement strategies and sound recommendations based on both quantitative and qualitative inputs with intuitive understanding of financial drivers
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, customer orientation, presentation and problem-solving skills
- Multi-tasking experience, flexibility, and understanding of business impact to address immediate priorities and still manage deadlines with longer-term projects and strategic initiatives
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Project)
- Strong general business and financial acumen and analytical skills with impeccable attention to detail
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82402054
Apply on company website