About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
This position offers a unique opportunity at Thermo Fisher Scientific to help our mission by leading and executing an enterprise data and platform strategy. In this role, you will contribute to the mission of delivering innovative scalable cloud services at scale. Product Managers reside at the center of business, technology, and design. As such, they must possess business acumen, be a strong customer advocate, and have a deep understanding of current and emerging technologies to strategize, drive, and bring their product to market.
This product manager will be a market and business expert, charged with shaping the vision and strategy of our divisional software platform program.
You will drive product strategy and set product roadmaps working cross functionally with Product Marketing, Engineering, Sales, Corporate Marketing and Alliance Partners to define and deliver on the next generation of our scalable software services
You will develop product solutions, executing on the huge market potential and benefits and providing innovative ways to deliver content in real time.
A successful product manager will identify key business opportunities that align with fundamental customer problems and define the experience that solves those problems.
Working extensively with customers, you will gather and analyze information defining product specifications and reviewing design specifications.
You will be responsible to communicate the product strategy and functionality to both internal and external teams.
- Identify market opportunities, build business cases, and define product vision and strategy for our next generation software services solution.
- Understand markets, competition and customer/user requirements in depth.
- Define, lead, and execute a cohesive global strategy focusing on high-impact, high value opportunities.
- Define and drive the business plan, strategy, and positioning of services and solutions.
- Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application.
- Formulate and execute a plan to solve customer problems with other product managers, engineering managers, and business leaders.
- Discover and articulate the attributes of compelling solutions, including features, functionality, experience, and release criteria.
- Oversee the documentation, training, and general enablement of new features.
- BA/BS degree in an analytical sciences related field
- 5 years of experience in a product management, engineering and technology strategy role; experience with platform product management a significant plus.
- Experience working with one or more of the following: enterprise, cloud, or SaaS software.
- Strong understanding of automation, cloud, and emerging technologies, as well as as-a-Service delivery models.
- The successful candidate will be a tenacious, ambitious, self-starter with a passion for defining a scalable, extensible cloud service/platform and will serve as a strong advocate for our customers.
- Ability to travel 10 to 25%.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/82094158
Apply on company website