When your part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in achieving your career goals
The Proposal Manager is responsible for generating biologics standard proposals varying from budgetary estimates to detailed work statement scope in order to fulfill specific client requirements. They will provide the technical assessment of customer requirements and work with the subject matter experts across multiple sites globally to deliver a high quality, robust proposal the meets the client's program expectations. The Proposal Manager will be responsible for working with the key internal colleagues, using costing and timeline tools, to generate approved program pricing and timelines. They may be responsible for presenting the proposal to the prospective client, providing technical guidance, and discussing the company's high quality and service standards either remotely and/or during face to face site visits. They may interface, in partnership with the Business Development Director(s), the Senior Leadership team, and with prospective clients during the initial contact stage to help drive the proposal to contract signing. This may be via phone calls, e-mails or site visits.
- Evaluate RFI/RFPs and discuss with prospective clients as necessary to ensure a technical understanding of clients' needs and for development of an appropriate proposal approach. Provide technical assessment/recommendation of potential project opportunities to Manager of Biologics Proposals and members of the Business Development/Business Management team.
- Generate detailed proposals for the early phase development and batch / fed batch manufacture of IgG Monoclonal Antibodies / Fc-Fusion / Recombinant Proteins / Enzymes, etc.
- Able to support Client calls, present the proposal and speak to Thermo Fisher breadth of services and provide options for services which meet the client's needs.
- Ability to read and understand contractual terms.
- Act as the liaison between the technical team and the customer.
- Support and lead customer visits.
- Work closely with internal subject matter experts across multiple sites globally to develop an appropriate work scope/project approach and project FTE-estimates based on prospective clients' development and manufacturing needs.
- Work closely with the Business Management and Senior Leadership team to generate and review suitable program pricing that allows the company to remain competitive based on FTE estimates provided by the technical team.
- Execute proposal revisions necessary to meet the customer's needs and to assist in driving the program from proposal to contract signature.
- Routinely review and revise high level and detailed proposal template language, costing models, standard FTE estimates, and standard timeline templates as needed seeking input from the appropriate subject matter experts and relevant colleagues (for early phase and/or late-stage/commercial opportunities).
- Work with the assigned Program Manager to create the post proposal Scope of Work, Work Statement document, providing additional input to the program timeline, and transfer documentation and disclosing any relevant information to the Program Manager to allow smooth transition of the work scope from the Proposal team to the Program Management team. This may include attendance during the program kick-off meeting and any initial meetings held between the company and the client where the Proposal Manager could provide additional relevant input and discussion.
- May attend Trade Shows and Technical Conferences to represent the company, as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant scientific discipline, minimally
- Previous client facing interaction required
- 5-7 years of bio/pharmaceutical industry experience
- 3-5 years of Proposal or technical writing experience preferred
- CMO industry experience preferred
- Theoretical understanding of a Biologics drug substance manufacturing process and analytical support
- Proficient in MS Office applications
Other Job Requirements:
- Extremely detail oriented
- Excellent organizational and personal time management skills
- Strong client-facing interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to collaborate with internal colleagues ranging from Subject Matter Experts to members of the Senior Leadership team globally
- Ability to bring together and guide multi-functional teams
- Strong analytical and questioning skills to be able to extract detailed information quickly
- Pragmatic, proactive yet flexible approach in the working environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills both internal and external
- Able to manage multiple priorities and demonstrate self-control
- Strong attention to detail and high standards
- Proficient in MS Project, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word
- Ability to function in a rapidly changing environment and balance multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to participate / lead meetings (via teleconference) in different time zones (outside of typical business work hours).
- Minimal travel will be required.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/77016650
Apply on company website