Location/Division Specific Information
Fair Lawn, NJ/ Laboratory Chemical Division
How will you make an impact?
Now is an exciting time to join our Manufacturing & Distribution team, a team dedicated to ensuring our customers receive the products they need to achieve their scientific goals – quickly, reliably and safely. Our Bridgewater, NJ site is ramping up to support the fight against COVID-19. If you believe in working the right way for the right reason join our growing team today!
The Quality Control Technician is responsible for Performing the key responsibilities such as Sampling, Managing Retentions, Managing Reagents and Standards etc., required by the position. Must be able to handle minimum 50lb material
What will you do?
· QC Technicians responsibility is to Manage the Sampling and Retention Programs per cGMP and applicable SOP. Sample incoming raw material, bulk retentions and collect packaging retentions from Dry, Biotech and Liquid value streams. Receive incoming raw materials and retentions into QC sample and Retention tracking log. Organize samples in QC lab and Retention area on regular basis.
· Ensure that all samples are inspected, processed and efficiently transferred to the Quality Control Lab. Perform investigation on incoming Raw material related to receiving and sampling errors.
· QC technician is responsible to maintain and improve Safety and Quality for the department. Represent QC for Gemba, Inspections related to Safety and Quality. Manage and handle sampling activities, label samples, disposal of waste chemicals from Retention cage, Sampling area and QC lab in accordance with company procedure and policy for Safety and Quality.
· QC technician is responsible to change chart recorders, perform Daily Verifications of instruments required in the analytical testing such as Balance, pH meters, etc. Peer Review fellow technician's documentation for completeness and accuracy conduct investigations on deviations as needed.
· QC technician is responsible to manage Reagent and lab supplies inventory in both Sampling and QC lab department. Create and receive Requisitions / Purchase Order (PO) for external lab testing, also for Reagents, Chemicals and lab supplies in the AS400 system and seek approval the PO.
· Manage electronic tracking of product retains, samples and archive records. Maintain QC Electronic sample log, and Reagent Inventory log on daily basis. Receives, Labels and stores chemicals, reagents and lab supply appropriately in the chemical storage room and or designated area.
· Prepares Sample for External lab testing. Manage external testing sample and electronic log in absence of chemist. Manage storage and cleaning of glassware used in analytical testing. Empty out sink tank into a waste drum twice a week or as needed to support analytical testing.
· Train fellow QC technician on relative tasks. Support Customer, ISO, FDA, and DEA audits for lab, Retention and Sampling area. Perform other related duties as assigned by QC lab Supervisor.
· Adheres respect for colleagues, good communication, multi-tasking, Organization and Problem-solving skills. Familiar with Quality systems such as LIMS, Trackwise and Agile. Familiar with Microsoft office such Excel, Word, Access, and outlook databases. Serve as a backup for fellow lab technician and junior chemist.
How will you get here?
· Minimum High School Diploma and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Minimum 0-3 years of experience for a QC technician role.
· Minimum 5 years of experience required in the manufacturing setting or equivalent industry as a lab technician for a Senior QC technician role.
· Proficient in English, verbal/written, Microsoft office and other Technical skills required for a successful performance.
· Proficient to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, operating and maintenance instructions, drawings, specifications, safety rules and guidelines, etc.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
To Apply, please click the following link: https://thermofisher.contacthr.com/83862909
Apply on company website